Answered

Playbar volume, slow response

• 27 April 2020
  • 6 replies

when I have to turn up and down, it responds very slowly? 

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 27 April 2020, 20:05

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

the volume?  What speaker are you changing the volume on and what device are you using to control the volume?

Yes the volume. I have the playbar and the sub. When i use my remote control and turn up or down, it responds very slowly on my samsung tv??

The TV shouldn’t really be a factor since the playbar uses an optical connection.  Your remote will be directly communicating with the playbar.    That said, I have both my Samsung TV remote and cable remote setup to control the playbar, and the cable remote works a lot better.    I couldn’t really say the TV remote is delayed so much as it seems to raise the volume in much smaller increments...at least it feels that way.

So I guess I don’t really have an answer for you, other than I think I’ve seen the same issue.    I work around it by using a different remote.

Thanks for your answer 😉

Sorry it’s not a better answer.

I have a similar issue with my Playbar and Sony KD75X8500G, which has presented from day one. I’ve recently bought a new Sonos Arc and Samsung Q80T and the volume control is absolutely perfect through eARC. I find there is a lag between the volume bar on the Sony TV (which goes from 0 to 100) and the sensor light on the Playbar - this is particularly evident when changing inputs or channels where sometimes a very quiet channel is deafening on another channel. The only fix is to hold down the ‘volume down’ button to reduce the TV to 0 (and keep holding for another 1 or 2 seconds for the Playbar to catch up), and then slowly increase the volume 1 click at a time, making sure the indicator light on the front of the Playbar flashes every time the volume goes up 1 increment.

Has anyone else had a similar issue? I assume it’s to do with the IR repeater having to go from the Playbar to the TV and not being the quickest/most reliable input. I suspect the other Samsung TV and Arc bar work much better because of the HDMI eARC input where it is a direct connection.

Is there a way of using the Sony remote to control the TV volume in the first instance, which then causes the Sonos volume to go up or down, and not the other way around?