Is Sonos better than Bose?

• 14 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge

The difference between Sonos and Bose is generally that Sonos is the better company in terms of their software and installation, as it's very easy to build your own multiroom setup. However, Bose still has the edge on Sonos when it comes to sound quality.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

Which specific model speakers are you comparing?

Userlevel 7

Yeah…that’s very interesting as that’s not been my experience when looking for a more natural sound without a lot of electronic trickery. But as @GuitarSuperstar said what speakers are you comparing and also where was the A/B comparison done (i.e. in your home, a sound room or a retailer like Best Buy).

However, Bose still has the edge on Sonos when it comes to sound quality.

Those that prefer the Bose sound to that from Sonos will agree :relaxed:

Those that do not, won’t.

It is that subjective an opinion, the quoted.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Tried both in my Home and preferred the sound of Sonos.  Can’t say which was better but Sonos suited my ears and preferences more.  This was some time ago.  Glad I picked Sonos as the Bose kit back then would no longer be working for anything other than basic use.

These questions are a bit like the schoolground arguments over who’s got a better Dad!

I have not liked the sound of the few Bose speakers I have heard…. but you have come to a Sonos forum so we are rather self-selecting in that respect.  Bose has been very good at cultivating an image of high quality sound, which some commentators have suggested is not justified by the reality.

If Bose still do multiroom systems, then maybe they offer the same long trial and no-quibble refund policy that Sonos do, so that you can decide for yourself in the environment in which the speakers will be used.