Question

Why Doesn't Sonos respond to request for AppleTV and AppleWatch controllers?

• 10 May 2020
  • 4 replies

This is seems like a no brainer, simple, will result in better customer satisfaction.  There have been multiple threads on both these but I don’t see any response from Sonos rep.  Seems like an odd way to treat high-income customers...

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @deckhardt. Thanks for posting.

Sonos is always trying to expand services and features with our partners to deliver a better experience. I think having additional platforms for the Sonos controller is a great idea. Although I cannot guarantee that these changes will be implemented into feature Sonos builds, I would be happy to submit your feedback as a feature requests up the pipelines within Sonos.. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

There is a third party app for Apple TV, however it never once worked for me so was a few $$s wasted. I believe there is a third party app for the Apple Watch too, but I have zero interest in trying that.

Thanks @Adam S for the offer.  That would be great but I can’t imagine I am the first person to suggest this.  Its obviously not high on Sonos priority.  My question really was more “why not”. 

Like others, I’m not interested in a 3rd party app.  This is something Sonos should build

Thanks @Adam S for the offer.  That would be great but I can’t imagine I am the first person to suggest this.  Its obviously not high on Sonos priority.  My question really was more “why not”. 

Engineering resources are finite. They will be directed to the areas of product development with the best commercial return.

In the case of controllers, which are free at the point of delivery, any incremental return from developing a controller for a new platform would have to come in the form of hardware sales which would not have been made otherwise.

At an educated guess Sonos must judge that the sales delta from providing a controller for Apple TV or Watch is not sufficient to justify the investment.