What Smart Hub - best integration with Sonos?

• 5 January 2021
  • 5 replies

Hi All, 

Here’s what i would like to achieve: 

1. PIR is triggered, or, laser beam is broken 
  2. Notification is sent to a Smart Hub
  3. Smart Hub triggers Sonos
  4. Sonos plays a Dog Bark at Max volume

Firstly - is that possible? 

Secondly, what Smart Hub offers the best integration with Sonos to allow me to do this? Smarthings? Homeseer? Hubitat?

Thank you

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 7

What specific security system are you using with PIR?

One cheap and simple option is perhaps the Yonomi App with one of the compatible sensors.. without the need for a smart-hub, but you may need a device at the premises with the app running in the background… at least it used to require that but it’s been a while since I have used it.

https://www.yonomi.co/supported-devices/

Thanks

This will be a completely new system, so I can purchase a new Smart Hub / PIR / laser beam etc

I plan to use the Smart Hub to integrate with Shelly lights as well. 

Userlevel 7

With SmartThings, you can create an automation in the app for a triggered motion sensor to play music at a specific volume out of a specific Sonos speaker. Although it doesn’t seem to allow you to choose a specific track. If you want the “dog barking” track to play, you would have to set it as the current song in the queue on that speaker.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Thanks

This will be a completely new system, so I can purchase a new Smart Hub / PIR / laser beam etc

I plan to use the Smart Hub to integrate with Shelly lights as well. 

I have a Hubitat hub and am very pleased. :)  I have various rules that range from speaking a warning that their image is no stored in the cloud, from playing music, to a warning siren.  All straight forward and unlike Alexa, it also has the ability to backup all of your rules etc.

It also has the advantage that it runs locally, rather than in the cloud.