Answered

Using Sonos APP to view/control Logitech Media Server

• 28 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello.  I am a very happy user of Logitech Media Server and now have Control4.  Unfortunately, there is no LMS api for Control4.  Does anyone know of a way that the Sonos App can access my Logitech Media Servier? (I am not asking if LMS can control sonos end points -- it does via the UPNP plugins but I don’t have any Sonos end points.)  

Thanks much…   darien

icon

Best answer by jgatie 28 April 2023, 18:50

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

I have a similar / related question. I got my LMS to recognize my Sonos speaker by installing the UPnP/DLNA bridge plugin. I can now see my speaker and play my music over the Sonos.

However, skipping tracks and rewinding / fast forwarding doesn’t seem to work. I have my whole music collection stored as WAV files from ripped CDs with cue sheets. Is this not compatible with Sonos?

yes i understand all that.  i am using logitech media server and their associated end points (6 squeezebox touches, and a transporter).  I am just looking to try and have the Sonos app control all this..  

I’m pretty sure the Sonos app can only control Sonos hardware. 

yes i understand all that.  i am using logitech media server and their associated end points (6 squeezebox touches, and a transporter).  I am just looking to try and have the Sonos app control all this..  

To reiterate what was said by @106rallye , the Sonos controller is merely a remote, a window to see what is happening in the app that runs on the Sonos ‘end point’, a Sonos device / speaker. The controller itself has no inherent playback, or ability to ‘see’ anything, it depends on the application running on the Linux kernel in each Sonos device / speaker to do anything at all.

Logitech Media Server doesn't integrate with Control4 and thus I am missing functionality in that system.  Also then I have to switch between control4 and another app a lot.  I've tried to jump to other systems like Sonos or Rune but LMS is just so feature rich and customizable in many facets, it's hard to leave it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

No “Sonos end points” means no Sonos devices? For what purpose would you want to use the Sonos app then? Remember also the Sonos app is just a remote for the devices - the devices run the software that play your music form the source you point them to.