Use Move speaker & microphone for audioconference

• 31 March 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1

I wonder if there is any plan to make possible the use of Sonos Move for audioconferencing? 

Given that this speaker has also a microphone and a Bluetooth connection, it should be quite straightforward to offer this functionality, isn't it?

As for me, I would find it useful to have my Sonos Move at the office and switch now and then in audio conference Mode when needed....

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I agree it would make conferencing or just phoning somebody whilst sitting in the garden a good experience.

Phone conference devices have pretty much the same kind of microphone array, but with terrible speakers usually. A  Sonos move would make good quality calls, and work well outdoors.

If you add the feature, people will use it.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

This has been discussed before that the Move only has the headset bluetooth profile - so microphones are not active.

I do not know if that is software changeable.    If it were software changeable I still wouldn’t expect it to be given that functionality…. and certainly not in the near future.