Answered

Sonos one - Nest Hello integration questions

• 20 April 2019
  • 34 replies

Show first post
This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

34 replies

Hi, Nest said this should work, can some one from Sonos confirm this? I can't get my Beam to play a sound when the doorbell is pressed. I have Google Home as my assistant running on my Beam.

How did the others get this working?
Yes it does.

I have my nest hello announced on my Play:One “X is at the Front Door”.
It’s pretty cool!

Now I have only managed to set it up for the Sonos One and Beam. Not for my other speakers (playbar, play 5, etc...)

Does anyone know how to make the same thing work on the Playbar/Play:5?

Hi, this is so cool!

How did you manage it?
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I just checked, something. Since my One's serve as surrounds, GA is disabled and only my beam gives Nest Hello alerts.
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
I wouldn't think it would work on speakers that do not have Google assistant built in to it. I could be wrong though.
Userlevel 3
Badge +4
Yes it does.

I have my nest hello announced on my Play:One “X is at the Front Door”.
It’s pretty cool!

Now I have only managed to set it up for the Sonos One and Beam. Not for my other speakers (playbar, play 5, etc...)

Does anyone know how to make the same thing work on the Playbar/Play:5?
Userlevel 4
Badge +8
Once Google assistant is available for Sonos I'm sure Nest Hello will work Just fine. Nest Hello's rings all my Google Home products (1 Google Home, 2 Google Minis and 1 Google Home Hub) I will probably not enable it on my Sonos speakers as I already have enough "ringers".
Ah, an excellent thought, bockersjv. We'll have to see.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Me neither. As Nest is part of Google maybe something will come after Google Home Integration is released.
I'm not aware that there's any official integration with Nest, supported by Sonos.