Answered

SONOS Beam won't play music

• 3 February 2021
  • 7 replies

I have added Sonos Beam to my TV in the Kitchen this week and set up Alexas and I can ask Alexa questions etc etc , but when I ask for music example ‘Play BBC Radio 2’ it responds saying ‘Playing BBC Radio 2 from BBC sounds’ but nothing plays , Same request ‘Play Virgin Radio’ responds ‘Saying playing Virgin Radio from TuneIn Radio’ but nothing comes out of the speaker. -

Also Amazon Music does not work, when asking ‘Play 90’s music’ response i get is ‘first enable the skill for the Sonos beam in the Alexa App and then discover devices’  this I think is the problem and what devices is it trying to discover ?  

I also have the same Beam in my TV room for the last year and this works perfectly with all of the above commands  as does several Alexa Echos . 

icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 3 February 2021, 13:08

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Ok, that worked all working now , thank you for your patience and help :-) 

Many thank . how do you remove the skill manually , the only option i see ‘Disable skill’  this I have done 

My other Sonos beam works fine in another room still

I would maybe remove the Sonos skill ‘manually’ in the Amazon Alexa App and give it a minute to disconnect and then manually install the skill and let it scan for your devices again.

Ensure all Sonos products are on the same network subnet and not using a guest network, or access point. After reinstalling the sonos skill, ensure you have no ‘duplicate’ devices in the Alexa device list and that you have no other smart-home devices with the same name as your Sonos Beam.

Yes , you can see both beam in both Sonos S2 and in Alexa app

A couple of things - do you see both of your Beams in your Sonos S2 App in ‘About My System" device list in "Settings/System" ...and are both Beams showing in your Amazon Alexa App device list?

thank you , sadly didn’t work 

Still get the message ‘To do that first enable the skill for sonos beam in the Alexa App and then discover devices - 

For BBC radio 2 - Alexa Say ‘Playing BBC Radio 2 from BBC sounds’ but then does nothing 

Perhaps remove Alexa from your Kitchen Beam and give it a minute or so and then reinstall the Voice Assistant again - this can be done via "Settings/Services & Voice/Voice/Amazon Alexa” in the Sonos App. See if that fixes it.