Sonos Arc and Ring Doorbell Alerts

• 8 December 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi Everyone,

Just brought a Sonos Arc and pretty disappointed that I cant get it to play a doorbell alert from my Ring Door View Cam like all of the other Echos / Shows I have in the house as it doesn't appear in the list of announcement devices. I’ve had a look through the forums but can’t find any news on whether this is being implemented at any point. It seems strange that I now have to keep an Echo in my living room to get the doorbell alerts there. 

I have noticed that the arc can be enabled in the Alexa app for announcements and calling / messaging which seems to be working fine in my testing so seems like its just 3rd party devices that can’t announce?

Has anyone had any luck getting this working or can point me in the right direction to put in a feature request for this?

Thanks in advance

Joe

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi mate, 

not too sure how.. but my Arc is now announcing ring doorbell notifications and playing the doorbell sound. 

might be worth checking your settings again. 

thanks, 

George.

+1 my Sonos One systems have also started announcing Ring doorbell notification/sounds which is great! Finally able to unplug the stand-alone Chime which I never wanted to use in the first place :)

Hi Everyone,

Just brought a Sonos Arc and pretty disappointed that I cant get it to play a doorbell alert from my Ring Door View Cam like all of the other Echos / Shows I have in the house as it doesn't appear in the list of announcement devices. I’ve had a look through the forums but can’t find any news on whether this is being implemented at any point. It seems strange that I now have to keep an Echo in my living room to get the doorbell alerts there. 

I have noticed that the arc can be enabled in the Alexa app for announcements and calling / messaging which seems to be working fine in my testing so seems like its just 3rd party devices that can’t announce?

Has anyone had any luck getting this working or can point me in the right direction to put in a feature request for this?

Thanks in advance

Joe

Hi mate, 

not too sure how.. but my Arc is now announcing ring doorbell notifications and playing the doorbell sound. 

might be worth checking your settings again. 

thanks, 

George.

Userlevel 5
Badge +16

Hi @JRisseyy.

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the community! We’d be glad to help.

I’ve found this relevant thread and I think this is going to be helpful in this case, here is the link:

https://en.community.sonos.com/smart-home-integrations-229108/do-we-have-sonos-and-ring-compatibility-6850621

You may also see this article that will explain how to control your Sonos system using Amazon Alexa and will provide a list of example commands.

Currently, the following are  not supported:

• Playing songs based on lyrics
  • Setting Sonos alarms and sleep timers
  • Thumbs up/down initiated with voice is not reflected in the Sonos app
  • Voice Calling
  • Whisper Mode

Let me know how that goes.