SONOS AMP and Beolab 8000 speakers

• 1 December 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi,

I’m thinking of buying a SONOS AMP, and I want to connect my 2 BeoLab 8000 speakers.

BeoLab uses 8-pin Power Link cables.

How to connect these to a SONOS AMP, what type of “in between” cable is needed, and how to set this up?

Thanks for your help.

/Ulf

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Beolabs are powered (active) speakers, they take a line-level input, not an amplified one.  Therefore, you need a Port, not an Amp.  They also have RCA inputs, so all you need are 2 proper length RCA to RCA shielded cables, a single cable for each speaker.  Connect these to the L/R RCA Outs on the Port, and connect them to the proper RCA In on each speaker.  Set the input switch on the Beolabs to ‘Line” and you are good to go. 

Warning!  Before connecting the Beolabs, make sure you set up the Port in the Sonos app, change the volume control on the Port to ‘Variable”, and lower the volume on the Port.  Don’t want to destroy the speakers on your first use.

Badge

Great, thanks for feedback, this is very much appreciated.
I will do some more research, but yes, Port seems to be the way to go.

Thanks!