Answered

SmartThings without ST Hub.

• 25 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi, after needing to change my region from Argentina to Spain to use Google Home (I really don’t know what's the point of changing region if I have the same supported language on SS/GH, anyways it works like magic and its awesome), i was thinking about linking Sonos with SmartThings, but the Sonos integration does no appear on the list, is this a region thing or that a cloud integration is not available? (I mean local is 100% better, but I don't have a hub / can't find one anywhere and it would be nice to have the option) Thanks

icon

Best answer by GuitarSuperstar 25 February 2021, 22:54

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

The region is required not just for language, but to make sure the system operates within all the local laws for telecommunication.    I don’t think the smartthings/Sonos integration is regional based.  Not sure on that, but can’t think of why it would be.   The smartthings/Sonos integration used to require a hub, but I honestly haven’t used the integration since Sonos upgraded to S2, and Smartthings upgraded their app while removing the hub requirement.  It’s possible they just left the integration alone, rather than change it to be cloud based.

The region is required not just for language, but to make sure the system operates within all the local laws for telecommunication.    I don’t think the smartthings/Sonos integration is regional based.  Not sure on that, but can’t think of why it would be.   The smartthings/Sonos integration used to require a hub, but I honestly haven’t used the integration since Sonos upgraded to S2, and Smartthings upgraded their app while removing the hub requirement.  It’s possible they just left the integration alone, rather than change it to be cloud based.

Thanks, yeah, I didn't wanted to change my region just for using a smartspeaker but the SP/GH/SS is like magic, I asked about region lock on ST because google did that with Nest, anyways the it would be nice to have the Sonos speakers on the ST quick panel, now that i think about it Sonos should add Android 11 quick panel native support, Thanks.

Userlevel 7

@SFab_ Sonos integration with Smartthings requires the Smartthings Hub.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Without a Smartthings hub you can connect Smartthings to Google Assistant. Now I can turn my TV off with GA on my Sonos Beam. How to Reconnect SmartThings to the Google Home App (howtogeek.com)