Answered

Siri Shortcuts App

• 9 October 2018
  • 4 replies

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies
Hey

Can somebody tell me something about Sonos and Siri Shortcuts.

Would be fine in there are options to use Sonos in the Siri Shortcuts App
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 9 October 2018, 14:10

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

I’ve not seen any options yet, either in the new shortcuts App, nor in the 'self generating' Siri shortcuts and there is nothing in the Apple 'shared' gallery online.

I personally have several shortcuts working with Apple Music and Philip light scenes etc, but i haven’t seen anything yet to even show that shortcuts support Airplaying to HomeKit accessories.

So hopefully all these things will be on the Apple & Sonos 'future development' list.

Meanwhile you may want to also check out the latest IFTTT Sonos development work, which adds further 'somewhat similar' additional functionality to Sonos speakers. See this link...

Do more with Sonos - IFTTT

Also see this thread...

https://en.community.sonos.com/announcements-228985/if-this-then-sonos-6812519
Dear MarcSG:

see article: https://www.macstories.net/ios/how-to-trigger-ifttt-applets-with-ios-12s-new-shortcuts-app-and-siri/

follow the instructions and you have shortcuts and Siri voice control up and running in no time. Did this myself a few days and have now full voice control. I took me a couple of hours.
You can use siri to send an sms message to your SimpleCommands.com account and change the volume, mute, unmute, play, next.... Just make sure you have enabled sms chat/command support in SimpleCommands.
Userlevel 1
Badge
+1 for Siri Shortcuts integration. While IFTTT might work, I want my smart home to run as locally as possible, without a cloud service monitoring every light switch. For this reason, full Apple Homekit and especially Siri Shortcuts integration would be highly appreciated.