Question

Savant integration/compatibility with Sonos

• 26 April 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge
We had Savant hardware/software installed to control our whole house A/V system. All sources, except Sonos, work flawlessly. I’m told that Sonos’ proprietary architecture doesn’t play nice with Savant and that it’s a Sonos problem. Also being told that the fix is to use the Savant streamer in place of Sonos. I’d really prefer not to scrap years of Sonos experience. Hey Sonos who’s the customer? What’s the fix?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
You may want to jump onto the existing thread linked below.

https://en.community.sonos.com/smart-home-integrations-229108/sonos-10-1-update-breaking-savant-systems-integration-6822637

Sonos changed a small aspect of their UPnP API (as they're entitled to do, of course). What I don't understand is why Savant didn't detect the change and make the necessary modifications to their code as part of the Sonos beta, before the Sonos update went GA. It implies that either Savant doesn't do upstream integration testing with their partner systems, or that Sonos made the API change without exposing it first as part of a beta release. Neither of which is good.