Answered

putting meaningful diagnostic information in the about my system report

• 13 September 2019
  • 2 replies

Badge
Hey SONOS - from a tech who supports your product -
why don't you put some more meaningfull information into the about my system report
so us techs can be more self supportive - can't be that hard -
I am talking things as simple as :
where the device is connected to: WIFI, Hardwired, Boost
Device error/retry rates

just that to start with would be helpful.

cause frankly, your support process doesn't work :
  • Your call back menu of late, never seems to kick in. so I sit on hold.
  • Your availability, when on site, is spotty. never seems to work i send sitting for hours waiting for someone to answer.
  • Chat, maybe? sometimes they are quick, most of the time I either get no response, a response a day late sometimes an hour later....
  • The whole run a diagnostic, then call for an analysis... give me a break. with all the above latencies thsi si VERY impractical
someone in management needs to take responsibility for improving the infrastructure and figure out a better set of connectors, response timelyness, and tools for your tech community. you products and environments are getting more complex and more integrated, the opportunities for mis-connections abound
icon

Best answer by ratty 13 September 2019, 17:24

How the device is connected is available in About My Sonos System. See here.

As for more detailed diagnostic information, there's still some available at http://Player_IP_address:1400/support/review. There was a lot more information until a major cull two years ago, and then a further pruning last year. Too much was being exposed inadvertently, evidently because misguided users would forward ports through their router. The scope for self-help has now reduced markedly.
View original

2 replies

How the device is connected is available in About My Sonos System. See here.

As for more detailed diagnostic information, there's still some available at http://Player_IP_address:1400/support/review. There was a lot more information until a major cull two years ago, and then a further pruning last year. Too much was being exposed inadvertently, evidently because misguided users would forward ports through their router. The scope for self-help has now reduced markedly.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Good answer from ratty above. I'm happy to pass along your request to the team for the future too. Which Sonos players are connecting to each other is on that review page above, and you can see the RSSI between connections as well.