Answered

Possible to downgrade firmware so that Webcore works again?

• 5 July 2019
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge
I am using SmartThings and Webcore to automate a few things in my house. Before the latest firmware update I was able to use the status of my Sonos speakers in Webcore (eg "backyard switch is on") so that I could change the color of some interior lights (to remind me that music is on outside) and keep the smartlock on the door from automatically locking (we go in and out a lot to keep up with the demands of our 2 year old son).

Sounds like the firmware update broke SmartThings/WebCore's ability to work with Sonos. I read that Sonos decided to change the xml schema in the zone data, which prevents SmartThings from identifying groups and players properly.

Is there anyway I can downgrade firmware so that everything works again? I have no plans on using Google Assistant so Im ok losing "features" if this is possible.

Thanks in advance!
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 5 July 2019, 20:17

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +9
There was definitely a problem at the time 10.1 was released, but SmartThings support made changes on their side during the first week of May to address the issue. Since then, other than the occasional burp, I've had virtually no issues whatsoever. SmartThings and the dozen or so webCoRE pistons I have that monitor and control my 10 or so Sonos devices have no issue recognizing the status of my speakers and speaker groups.

Perhaps there's something unique to your pistons that ST's changes did not address. You may want to ask for help in the webCoRE community.
Userlevel 7
Badge +22
Sonos doesn't support downgrading the firmware in the devices.