No Chromecast support - Returning product

• 13 December 2020
  • 64 replies

1 lost customer. Sure there are others. I realize losing 1 person as a customer is no big deal. But I'm sure there are others. For the price - really should have most common streaming platforms. Billions of Android users. Lost opportunity. Anyways, just my 2 ¢

64 replies

Well, 4 months since your original post I meant :-)

So just now I decided to buy a Chromecast audio, only to realize Google doesn´t make them anymore -_-’

On top of that I seem to have problems with Spotify Connect playing on my Play: 5. No idea if the issue is with Sonos, with Spotify or my LAN.

This wouldn't be a huge problem if the Sonos S2 app was as useful as the Spotify app. As it stands I don't plan on buying any more Sonos products.

You should be able to play Spotify Connect OK. What happens when you try? It would be worth powering off your router and Sonos, power the router back on fully,  then the Sonos.

But if you could describe in what way it isn't working and any error messages it would help.

I was looking at a Sonos Arc…

But without Chromecast audio build in it does not satisfy one of the most basic requirements I have.

As an Android user Airplay is no use to me. And with a relatively expensive product like this, I do not want to fiddle with all kinds of workarounds. It should just work, easily and reliably.

Too bad, it looked like an interesting quality product though.

I was looking at a Sonos Arc…

But without Chromecast audio build in it does not satisfy one of the most basic requirements I have.

As an Android user Airplay is no use to me. And with a relatively expensive product like this, I do not want to fiddle with all kinds of workarounds. It should just work, easily and reliably.

Too bad, it looked like an interesting quality product though.

Are you trying to use the Arc with a projector?  With the Arc (or other Sonos speaker attached to TV), I’m not quite seeing what chromecast really adds.  You can stream a ton of different audio services directly, and you can stream youtube and just about anything video through the TV and/or streaming box.  Is there some service you use that isn’t available through Sonos or a video streaming box?

I get the impression that much of the time, people’s desire for Chromecast is because they are not aware of what features Sonos actually has.  Maybe that’s not the case for you, but since you didn’t really say why chromecast is a basic requirement, can’t really tell if this is an actual issue or a misunderstanding.

Userlevel 1

If I am already listening to music on my phone I can quickly press the cast button and start casting to my Google speakers.

Instead I would have to switch to a different app (sonos)I find to be less nice to use. 

No one else bothers to use the sonos because instead of just casting from their phone to a shared device they have to have to download a separate app. Makes Sharing songs when visiting a hassle.

I can't even group my sonos with my other speakers so when I play music to "my whole house" the sonos sits there looking sad

When I play songs on my sonos people are impressed but never before has there been a product I love that I have more actively told people not to purchase because lack of casting makes it a chore to use.

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Spotify at least lets you cast to Sonos speakers via Spotify Connect (though I myself prefer the Sonos app). Maybe other music services do this too?

Spotify at least lets you cast to Sonos speakers via Spotify Connect (though I myself prefer the Sonos app). Maybe other music services do this too?

Yes, they do. You can cast from Amazon and Pandora, and I believe several others, with the services app.  No airplay 2 or chromecast required.  

Badge

I’m one of the many that on a side do loves Sonos products and services like sonos radio, but on the other side do hate them for not having Chromecast built in.

One main concern for me is to not being able to cast from a browser tab of my pc, for playing the audio of a Yuotube video or other more custom sources.

So while thinking to add surrond sound to my Beam, I’m evaluating to sell it and change the whole system for a better integrated and flexible one.

so bad

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Of course this is a work around, but you could connect a Chromecast to the TV and use the Beam to get the sound into your Sonos system by grouping other speakers to the Beam.

Badge

Thanks, I know, but its not a nice approach and not practical.

Worst for me as I use the Bean with a projector, connected to an Nvidia shield.

Sure, if I turn on all the devices and their watt absorbtion, I can do whatever I want.....but hey, does this make sense in 2021?

Quite embarassing

Hi @hawki, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback about having Chromecast with Sonos. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products.

If you have other questions about your Sonos products and services, feel free to reach out.

It’s been over a year has this been passed to the engineering team yet?

Hi @hawki, Thanks for reaching out, and welcome to the community. We appreciate your feedback about having Chromecast with Sonos. We'll make sure that we'll pass this on to our engineering team as a feature request. Rest assured that we'll try our best to improve your experience with our Sonos products.

If you have other questions about your Sonos products and services, feel free to reach out.

It’s been over a year has this been passed to the engineering team yet?

‘Passed to the engineering team’ does not mean that the feature will be implemented.  It’s just an acknowledgement of the request.

Userlevel 1

Quite embarassing

My experience with Sonos in a nutshell

My experience with Sonos in a nutshell

You resurrected a month old thread for this?