Answered

Multiple zones, Multiple connects, one Onkyo reciever

• 23 January 2019
  • 6 replies

I have three zones, 5.1, and 2 2.0. I want to use a single Onkyo reciever (RZ830) with three Sonos connects to play three different streams at the same time. Is this possible? Has anyone connected two or mor connects to a single reciever?
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 24 January 2019, 03:47

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

How are you going to generate 3 "streams" from the Onkyo? Does it have the ability to send out 3 zones of separate data?
It does. It’s a 9.2 channel system. If 5.2 go to zone 1 the other zones have 2 each.
Then you'd take each line level output from each zone on the receiver to the analog input on the CONNECT. That way each CONNECT would get the music from each of the three zones on the receiver. Note that the CONNECT is a stereo device, so that 5.2 zone that you mention will only be able to accept a stereo input.
That’s the plan. Thanks for the feedback.
Note that i said line level... you should not be using speaker level outputs to feed a CONNECT.
Thanks