Question

Latest update broke IFTTT?

• 24 April 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello.

I updated to 11.1 yesterday, and it now appears IFTTT integration has stopped working. When I try to edit an existing applet or create a new one, I receive an error that IFTTT cannot connect to the service.

I’m not sure if these two events are linked, but is anyone else experiencing IFTTT issues after updating to 11.1?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Hi @lbbzman. Thanks for the shoutout and welcome to the Community.

As someone who doesn’t regularly use IFTTT, I appreciate you letting us know. There is nothing to my knowledge in the changelog that would effect IFTTT, but I am wondering if any other Community members have experienced this issue.

Badge

My IFTTT connection has stopped working as well. I had several applets already and was trying to add a new one this morning but all have stopped being able to connect via IFTTT

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Hi everybody, what I can undoubtably confirm is that with the new SONOS 12 software, IFTTT can no longer create new actions.

Any new IFTTT action can’t be saved because the rooms menu in IFTTT doesn’t work.

This is probably due to the changes in the rooms behavior on the new SONOS platform.

All actions will need an update.

BUT PREVIOUSLY SAVED ACTIONS CAN BE USED WITH THE NEW SONOS 12 SOFTWARE.

They work correctly under SONOS 12. I can only speak of my setup that doesn’t have grouped speakers.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Regarding the problem reported by lbbzman I had the same problem by about the same time.

In fact, I received a mail from IFTTT that my connection was lost.

I resolved it, as far as I can remember, by reconnecting my SONOS account in IFTTT.

Badge

Hello.

I updated to 11.1 yesterday, and it now appears IFTTT integration has stopped working. When I try to edit an existing applet or create a new one, I receive an error that IFTTT cannot connect to the service.

I’m not sure if these two events are linked, but is anyone else experiencing IFTTT issues after updating to 11.1?

Yes, I have experienced the same thing.  I know several companies that don’t wish to pay IFTTT for their service contribution.  Such a shame>

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Mike Allen Did you try the solution @yayarod mentionedabove?

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

IFTTT actions for SONOS work correctly now under SONOS new S2 platform (SONOS app version 12). It seems they have been updated to correctly handle the changes in the rooms behavior.

For the lost connection with the service issue, I suggest logging out and reconnecting.

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I just recently updated to SONOS S2.  My system is now at 12.0.4.  After the update, I found that I could  no longer update IFTTT SONOS aps.  After reading yayarod’s comments about reconnecting, I went to the IFTTT services list, selected SONOS, and upon trying to “Edit” the service, was asked for my SONOS credentials.  Did login to SONOS and everything now works correctly.