IFTTT - If This Then That integration with Sonos

Userlevel 3
If-This-Then-That (IFTTT) integration could be cool. You could expose playlists to IFTTT as either triggers and/or actions. Use cases could be when a certain playlist is started trigger lights (via WeMo or Hue). So for lighting, a "Dinner" playlist could set a particular light pattern via Hue, or turn off some lights and dim others. You could also start a playlist when motion is detected via a WeMo motion detector, or when a switch is turned on, start a playlist. You could use a special playlist to provide a house-wide audio notifier of new emails, Facebook/Twitter/app.net mentions, or Google Calendar events.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

138 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I just want to add another desperate request for ifttt compatibility. That would be way more useful than voice command in my opinion.

Haveing got used to Voice vial Alexa I can not agree. Seems such an effort now to get Phone out just to change a track 🙂
Userlevel 1
Badge
3 years later, still nothing...congratulations
Nothing, eh? Guess you weren't paying attention on Aug 30th.
Nothing, eh? Guess you weren't paying attention on Aug 30th.

Are you referring to iftt or voice command?
Referring to the API that allows virtually all the major home automation providers to integrate with Sonos. No need for the clunky and insecure IFTTT.
Badge +1
I would also like to show support for IFTTT integration. However if there's Google Home integration, I guess that can also work.
Is there any news on this? People are now moving to smart gadgets. I just bought sonos 5.1 and was really disappointed that it is not integrated with ifttt, apple homekit or google home.
I would also like to show support for IFTTT integration
Wow!! I can't believe this is not a priority??? IFTTT integration is an absolute must, cmon Sonos you need to do this.
Wow!! I can't believe this is not a priority??? IFTTT integration is an absolute must, cmon Sonos you need to do this.

Why would this be a "must" for a wireless multiroom music system? Sonos has partnered with the major custom electronics / home automation manufacturers, several of whom can do IFTTT. Sonos provides them with a fully documented API. Do your homework, find one that works for you, it definitely isn't something that Sonos should be adding.
Userlevel 4
Badge +14
I've looked into ways of making an easier DIY solution than anything else available today (ranging from using a mac and Launcher Pro, ruby scripts with dropbox etc)

See https://en.community.sonos.com/advanced-setups-229000/easiest-way-to-get-robust-ifttt-support-6790436

Unfortunately IFTTT charges a huge chunk of money to register your own service at IFTTT, so for the time being you need to craft your own action URLs using the webhook channel in IFTTT. But for simple tasks like play/pause/next/group etc it's fairly easy even for non-developers.
Userlevel 7
Badge +26
Hi everyone, this has been a long standing request, and after working with their teams, today we just announced that IFTTT and Sonos have been integrated. Take a look at our announcement post.