Question

How Can I Open the Alexa app within Sonos?

I want to use the Alexa in my Sonos to control a smart plug. I was told to open the Alexa app and enable Skills. I have Sonos installed on an Android tablet. I can't open the Alexa app to enable skills. Am I supposed to download another version of Alexa? Anyway, please, someone with Sonos/Alexa installed on Android, please help.

6 replies

There are no Alexa settings within the Sonos app. You need to download the Alexa app from the Google Play Store.
Thank you - I did do that. When I try to open Alexa, these statements appear: "Your device isn't compatible with this version" in red. Under that is says in green: "This app may not be optimized for your device". Neither statement is a hot link that leads anywhere. The top of the page says Amazon Alexa, and Amazon Mobile LLC.
Right from the Sonos website, it says this: Control your smart home.

Easily control your Alexa-compatible smart home devices. Turn the coffee maker on from bed or dim the dining room lights without lifting a finger.

How can this claim be made? This is one of the reasons I purchased Sonos speakers. So far, days of emailing with Sonos Support hasn't gotten me a solution. I am praying someone here can help. Thank you.
As I said, you need to download the Alexa app in order to link it with Sonos. See this link for detailed instruction on setting up Alexa on a Sonos One:

https://support.sonos.com/s/article/3517?language=en_US
Well- wait! Obviously, I downloaded Alexa when I set up my speakers! I remember doing it, and my speakers work great and Alexa plays all my music and also responds to me. Is there more than one Alexa?
I think I need to download Alexa for Android. I went to the Amazon app store and saw there is one. It shows all the things - including skills! I'll try that later - not near my Android device at this time. Thank you for what you've done so far.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings