Answered

Google assistant update

Userlevel 1
November 1st 2918 SONOS wrote a blog post, postponing the launch of Google assistant on SONOS one and beam to 2019. No date given. The post ender with this:
Stay tuned. We look forward to sharing another update in early 2019!
We are now well into April and there is still no word on a launch date. Only new commitments at CES that this will launch in 2019.
So what is it going to be SONOS? When exactly will you launch Google assistant, that you promised people more than one and a half year ago, when you started selling the one?
Please answer this simple question SONOS. You owe that much after all this time of stalling.
icon

Best answer by Smilja 9 April 2019, 08:46

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

29 replies

I'm sorry that you have deemed my response insufficient. Whilst your frustration is understandable, I can't provide information I do not have myself. Hence my having marked the answer as the above blog post: it contains information pertinent to the subject of this thread. Setting aside the fact that Sonos is my employer: as a user of the system myself, I too am keen to see it made available. Feature development on any product may be subject to delay, I do not think that Sonos is exclusive in this regard.

Edward, it's nice to see someone from Sonos actually read these posts. I know it is 100% out of your control, but would you be able to share these posts with the right people internally in Sonos? I understand things can take longer than expected but the communication around the delay has been nothing short of terrible.
Userlevel 2
Badge +1
Interesting to read the comments here, obviously a lot of frustration. I think we can safely say that we get that Sonos and Google are working on delivering on their promise, and that's not easy. But it's bad practice to set consumer expectations on a timeframe and not meet them. No one's going to get sued but consumers will get pissed off and turn elsewhere.

So far my experience with Sonos products has been good, but my experiences of the brand have been awful (3 months for a refund awful). I don't think we live in a society where you can do one and not the other and expect people to be happy. Fingers crossed Sonos spend more time improving on customer service and communication.

Looking forward to an update!

I waited for past 2 years for this launch. Put off buying Google Home Max at half price on Google store. When GA launched very disappointed. Not even voice match. Even £70 LG speakers have voice match and better GA integration.

Sold my Play 5 and getting Google Home Max. Will probably sell my Play 3 and 1, but will wait for UK launch to see how well or poor integration is. But to be honest I have lost faith in Sonos. Slow to implement and half baked.

Interesting to read the comments here, obviously a lot of frustration. I think we can safely say that we get that Sonos and Google are working on delivering on their promise, and that's not easy. But it's bad practice to set consumer expectations on a timeframe and not meet them. No one's going to get sued but consumers will get pissed off and turn elsewhere.

So far my experience with Sonos products has been good, but my experiences of the brand have been awful (3 months for a refund awful). I don't think we live in a society where you can do one and not the other and expect people to be happy. Fingers crossed Sonos spend more time improving on customer service and communication.

Looking forward to an update!
I waited for past 2 years for this launch. Put off buying Google Home Max at half price on Google store. When GA launched very disappointed. Not even voice match. Even £70 LG speakers have voice match and better GA integration.

Sold my Play 5 and getting Google Home Max. Will probably sell my Play 3 and 1, but will wait for UK launch to see how well or poor integration is. But to be honest I have lost faith in Sonos. Slow to implement and half baked.

I think I will do the same. I've had enough after 2 years of waiting
Badge +3

I think I will do the same. I've had enough after 2 years of waiting

One owner with 2 Sonos 5 and a Sonos beam will follow you. Why every other can do it, cannot understand.
A sad customer...