Google assistant Denmark

• 11 September 2018
  • 14 replies

Userlevel 2
I wonder when the update for, the support of Google Assistant, the Danish version is up to go, at the date.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

14 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, Danielmajs. Thanks for taking the time to post and welcome to the Community. While we do not have any information to share about Google Assistant in Denmark, rest assured that if/when it does we will be sure to update this topic and put up an announcement here in the Community.

Thanks again!
I really hope for Danish and Google Assistant soon.
As Google Assistant has now been made available in Danish it would be great to have google assistant functionality available in Danish when it launches. Generally speaking, what I'm asking for is for Sonos to look outside the "easy" english speaking countries and introduce features globally at the same time or with little delays.
It's not like it's difficult or anything. They just can't be bothered.

Instead we just get this empty newspeak with no informational value whatsoever.

They could at least explain to us why they think it is so incredibly difficult to just enable the functionality that Google, Amazon and Apple have already developed for them.

Is it because they don't want to admit that they are actually dependent on being able to obtain licensing deals with companies that are increasingly becoming their competitors in the hardware space per chance?
Badge
Google Home (danish) is available for sale on the 24th of this month, so hopefully Sonos will also work from that date.
Det gjorde den så ikke. Beklageligvis...:?
Userlevel 2
Badge +8
Not impressed either. The Sonos units were heavily marketed from the beginning (one year ago now) with ‘upcoming voice control’. ‘Upcoming’ is clearly very elastic. The company sticks to it’s information policy: We will let you know when we let you know. Thanks for nothing.
This is simply not good enough. I have owned a SonosOne for more than a year with no use of voice control. I can’t even have it in english which would be OK in the beginning. So I’m very disappointed with Sonos and do no longer recommend it to friends and family
Badge
Sure, it's annoying that we can't use Google Assistant yet, but I'm still loving my Beam, and enjoying movies and music a lot more now 🙂
@Sonos please allow usage of English voice commands in Denmark until the Danish version is ready.

This is would be a fine substitute.

Thank you
@Sonos please allow usage of English voice commands in Denmark until the Danish version is ready.

This is would be a fine substitute.

Thank you

What i do is setting to to a german address right at the border. In all my apps and everything i keep it in english.
Doing this allows me to enjoy google assistant, alexa, spotify, and all the other stuff that comes with the voice assistants.

The only downside is getting email correspondence in german, but i can survive that.
That's interesting. Where do you set your address? In Sonos or in your phone (or somewhere else?)

Thanks!
That's interesting. Where do you set your address? In Sonos or in your phone (or somewhere else?)

Thanks!

I changed it somewhere in the sonos app or website to be placed in germany, and then, in the alexa app, i set the address to be near the danish border in germany. Everything has worked perfectly since.

It might be even easier if you want to use the new google assistant feature, as did not change anything further there, suggesting only an artificial barrier needs to be removed by changing your country on your sonos account.