Answered

*from* Sonos to HomePod?

• 24 January 2019
  • 1 reply

Hi and thanks in advance:

I have 2 Sonos Ones, a Play 5, a Playbar and a Playbase. I just got a HomePod. Partially because I was curious and particularly because I am the 1 person who prefers Siri to Alexa.

Simple question: If I start music on Sonos is there any way for me to tell the HomePod to play that same music? It seems that the answer is no, but just wanted to double check. I know I can go the other way (have Sonos start playing music I started on the HomePod), which is really very cool.

FWIW, my house is an open floor plan and I am getting no latency issues between the Sonos and the HomePod. Sounds great.
icon

Best answer by Ken_Griffiths 24 January 2019, 12:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

This can only be done currently whilst you are streaming the Sonos audio output via Airplay-2. You simply bring up the Airplay dialog device 'selector' on your iOS device (iPhone/iPad/AppleTV etc.) and add your HomePod to the playing Sonos device(s) to group them.