Feature request: Eufy door bell and Sonos Beam/ ARC Chime

• 23 November 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi All, I have a Sonos Beam upstairs and ARC downstairs. I have been thinking of getting A eufy wireless doorbell and I know that you can set it up so when someone rings your doorbell your Alexa device will chime. BUT sonos products apparently don’t support this strangely and a separate Alexa device would need to be purchased, which makes no sense to me when you should really get the full works in the sonos devices. I would like to request this feature to be added to the Sonos device please @Sonos   

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @Mitchellsx.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for bringing this to our attention. We highly appreciate feedback and feature requests to help us better improve our products. Let me help out.

I would be more than happy to send this to our engineering team to take a look into. Just to set your expectation since you will not be contacted directly by our engineering team for updates on your feature request,  Our engineering team and Sonos management have not yet provided any details on the release or progress of this feature. I would suggest subscribing to this thread and our announcement topic to be up-to-date when it comes to new feature releases and product updates.

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you have further questions, additional feature requests, or concerns. We are always happy to help out.

Thanks,

Hi all, have Sonos sorted this error now? I am in the same boat as the other customer?

thanks 

Hi, any update on this?

Badge +17

Hey folks,

No update on this, I’m afraid. It ultimately would rely on Eufy (or their parent company, Anker) to write and implement the code to interact with Sonos players. I highly suggest proposing this to them directly as there’s only so much we can do from our end.

Hey folks,

No update on this, I’m afraid. It ultimately would rely on Eufy (or their parent company, Anker) to write and implement the code to interact with Sonos players. I highly suggest proposing this to them directly as there’s only so much we can do from our end.

Thanks, post there.