Beam + Harmony Hub + Alexa

• 12 January 2019
  • 1 reply

I have been having some difficulty getting all of these to work together. I initially wanted to ditch the harmony hub and remote and control everything through the beam + alexa using the HDMI ARC port, but the sonos was only able to turn my tv on. Everytime I asked alexa to turn off the tv she says "ok," but nothing ever happens. Prior to setting up the beam, I had this working no problem with alexa and the harmony hub. I was able to turn the tv on and off without any issues. Now, I am completely unable to turn off the tv using alexa. I am trying to get alexa to ignore turning the tv on and off using HDMI ARC, but I cant seem to figure it out. I have an LG tv and if I turn off simplink the auido out to the beam no longer works. I might just have to reset the beam, get it to work with my echo again, and then try setting up the beam from scratch. Any suggestions?

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
Hi there, zherman33. Are you still having trouble with this? With what you've already tried, it might be a good idea to give our support technicians a call as they are able to work with the Beam and your LG in real time.