Answered

alexa/google

• 14 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2
  • Trending Lyricist II
  • 33 replies

Has the low volume for alexa/google voice been fixed in beam gen 2  beam gen 1 has been no good for 12 months +

icon

Best answer by Corry P 15 October 2021, 11:02

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @106rallye 

@Fez33 @Corry P Are you sure you are taling about the same thing?

Yes. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

Hi @Fez33 

Thanks for your post! 

The voice service volume is not a hardware issue - more of a software feature not implemented. I’ve tagged this thread as a feature request, and it’ll get counted as additional interest in this feature.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

This has been an ongoing problem with the beam gen 1 for over 12 months now 

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@Fez33 @Corry P Are you sure you are taling about the same thing?

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The volume of alexa on the beam gen 1 is too low to hear  when volume set comfortably to listen to the TV 

I was wondering if this had been fixed on the beam gen 2 as its been am on going problem for over 12 months 

If it isn't fixed it is pointless buying the beam gen 2 regardless of whether it's a software problem or a hardware problem has it been fixed .

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

Maybe I set my TV louder then you do, but I can hear GA on my Beam perfectly.

Maybe I set my TV louder then you do, but I can hear GA on my Beam perfectly.

Same here, if we set the TV (Beam) volume to what the Wife and I like to listen to, the installed Google Assistant volume seems just fine to us. Obviously it’s level adjusts up and down with the TV,  if we do raise, or lower the TV volume with the remote etc; but the Assistant sounds about the right level to us aswell, plus the TV (Beam) audio ‘ducks’ in anycase whenever we use the ‘Hey Google’ wake word to give an instruction.