Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system.

Sonos support for SMB 2.0 protocol
Answered

Hi, Recently I have turned off SMB 1.0 on my Windows 10 as per Microsoft's recommendation (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/filecab/2016/09/16/stop-using-smb1/). However, after I've disabled SMB 1...

Setting up a turntable with Sonos

I am looking to get a turntable and want to connect it with my Sonos system. I have a Play:3 and a Bridge. I know you can not connect directly into a Play:3 but will it work with Connect or a Connect:...

Which NAS/Router/Switch are you using?

Hello everyone! Taking a look around at all the new users, many of us are being asked what we're using in our own Sonos setups. While there were a couple of posts to address these questions, they've...

Sonos vs Squeezebox

I don't yet have a Sonos system, although I am hoping to purchase one next year as I am pretty much sold on the concept. However, my brother is of the opinion that I'd be better off buying a Squeezeb...

Sonos was working with old BT Hub, but music folders not appearing with Belkin N+

Hi All, This is my first post and I thought I'd ask you experts on this! My old setup worked fine with BT Home Hub 2 and McAfee Internet 2010 - all set up lovely, streaming to 2 zones, happy days......

The Computer "..."Cannot be Found

Hello. I'm new to Sonos. Just bought a Bridge and Sonos 5 system. I'm using it with a Linksys router. I am having problem importing music into my library from my computer. I keep getting the "compute...

To Sonos or not to Sonos - beginner questions

Over the years, I have built up pretty good audio systems at home. As a source I use CDs, LPs and now, ipod classic with all my CDs ripped to it via Apple lossless. Very recently, I discovered inter...

Volume Normalization processed in Fixed Volume output

Here's something to try to improve your system sound when playing local files from a NAS - set audio compression to "Uncompressed" rather than the default "Automatic". I discovered today that the sign...

Newbie about to join the fold

Hi folks, after reading about this amazing system, I am planning on purchasing shortly. Its got WAF as she likes the fact that we can take it with us if we sell the house . Either way I just wanted to...

Dac Incompatible With Sonos Zp80!!!!

Hi gang, After four months of troubleshooting a skipping problem with a ZP80 player, and Sonos tech support thoroughly stumped, I finally figured out the problem on my own... for more details, see th...

Networking: wireless vs wired

I've had my SONOS system working fairly well for quite some time, with the exception that I never got the remote to light up when the alarm goes off in the morning. I figured this had to do with a we...

Sonos sucks

This is the most ridiculous system I have ever worked with....constantly fails to connect. Fail to reset....fails just about everything. Do NOT buy this system unless you are dying to spend many frust...

65,000 Track Limit

I keep seeing mention of Sonos limiting one's library to 65,000 tracks. This raises some question: 1: Is this an estimate based on the file size of each track? If so, what size is it based on? Thi...

Simple ? - How to turn off

Had my new Sonos for 2 days . . . exceeds expectations! But how do I turn off? It seems just pausing music or muting is not the same. Am I being too old fashion/analog?

Switches that support Spanning Tree Protocol

I've been fighting an issue where when a particular one of my zone players is active, I end up getting dropped zones. At first I thought it might be a flaky ZP (I bought it used). But then I noticed...

This Thing Doesn't Work

I have an 802.11n D-Link DIR-655 router connected to a 2TB Western Digital network attached storage drive. Both are located on the second floor. Also connected to the router is a Sonos Zone Bridge. On...

Huge music collection, doesn't index full folder

Hello, I have the Play:3 and I have a 3TB hard drive. I have 3 folders I tried to import. Two of my folders, indexed fine. My main music folder only indexes up to the letter T, after that, it doesn't...

Players keep dropping from network

OK....I have probably spent close to $3000 trying to get Sonos to work. I have purchased multiple ZonePlayers, multiple ZoneBridges, and do you know what, the thing just dosnen't frikin' work...the...

Having a Nightmare - please help!!

Had my bu130 running a week now and have had 2 major crashes. I have a BR100 hardwired to my Netgear router, the rest of the system is wireless. First time the system fell over the controller froze,...

How would you advise someone to get started with Sonos?

I've been waiting for the ZP80 to be available and now it's here. I'm finally ready to be an owner. Or am I? I've been thinking about how best to get started and figure I should start by first buyi...

New Player 5 won't connect

Hi, I have a SONOS system with a bridge, Player 3, and a Player 5. I bought another Player 5 earlier today and have been trying to get it to connect to the System that already works. I can't get it...

Unable to play...the connection to rhapsody was lost

I installed the new update and was unable to get Napster, so I deleted the trial service...no big deal. Then today I can't seem to get Rhapsody to work. I can search and see artist/album/album art f...

Library 'full' issue

So it seems (now that I've finally got my MP3 drive recognised and the indexing done) that I have a new error... that I have 'too much stuff' (I'm paraphrasing the error that comes up in the Set Up Mu...

Building a Sonos House

Hello everyone. I have a question. I am currently building a house and have researched various sound options from Russound to Sonos and have come to the conclusion that the Sonos option is the best....

Connecting iPhone directly to Play 5

I'm a newbie here, but not to forums. I was originally looking at purchasing a Bose system, but after doing some research on the net, decided a Play 5 was the right choice. This decision was coupled...

Badges

• Badge
    Jimmyj earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    James Poole earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    z1ma8 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    PatYo earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    SonosFanSoFar earned the badge Almost Famous
View all "Badges"