Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system.

Alphabetical Sorting of Songs in Sonos Playlists

Sonos does not currently have, as a regular operating feature, the ability to sort songs in a Playlist alphabetically and then return to the original sort order. In my opinion, this would be extremely...

Sonos sucks

This is the most ridiculous system I have ever worked with....constantly fails to connect. Fail to reset....fails just about everything. Do NOT buy this system unless you are dying to spend many frust...

Tips and Tricks and Sonos 101

I was thinking that a tips and tricks heading for Sonos users to share things would be nice. A Sonos 101 heading in trouble shooting that tells them basics things to do when having troubles.

Sonos support for SMB 2.0 protocol
Answered

Hi, Recently I have turned off SMB 1.0 on my Windows 10 as per Microsoft's recommendation (https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/filecab/2016/09/16/stop-using-smb1/). However, after I've disabled SMB 1...

Playbar Volume limit
Question

It would be really useful to be able to limit the maximum volume of the Playbar. My kids seem to like it at 90% which is excessively loud. It would be very cool if you could add a volume limit option...

iPhone app, version 8 is a bad effort
Question

So disappointed with iPhone 8 App I’ve been working with the new app for a week or two. I don’t get it… I miss the group function when looking at my zones. I don’t like having to switch back to the...

Sonos 101 - Getting Started

New to Sonos? Here are some quick notes to help you get started. Step 1: Get set up First off, let’s get those players installed. https://sonos.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/2638/ has it pret...

Music Lag between Zones

I am experiencing a couple hundred ms lag between a Sonos Play 3 and 2 Sonos Connects. The Connects are connected to Onkyo Receivers ( NR509 and NR809). I'm learning that this is due to the processing...

Cover art not displaying

I've just added some MP3s, downloaded together with their cover art, and find the cover art is not displaying - just the generic circle icon. The art files are correctly named "folder.jpg" and they a...

Important Note If You're Replacing Your Bridge With a Boost

The order in which you replace your wired Bridge with your new Boost is really important. To avoid wiping out all of the work you've done to make your Sonos system uniquely yours, perform the steps be...

Desktop Controller for Mac won't connect to Sonos Network
Question

Good morning- I have a 2014 MBP. I'm using a Bridge to set up Sonos. I can connect to my Sonos system using my iOS apps and control it that way, but I can't get the desktop controller to connect to...

Glossary of Sonos Terms

Glossary of Terms & Variations - AMENDED Bonding – Configuration Process wherein Main speakers distribute frequencies to other speakers as programed by Sonos Controller App. Bonded configurations ca...

TIming of Sonos Integration with Amazon Echo / DOT
Question

Any idea when SONOS will begin beta testing integration with Alexa? I'm sure there are many of us who are anxious for this to happen.

Connecting a Sonos through an Aruba WiFi Controller? Here's how:

Just wanted to share my experience with setting up my Sonos Play 5 with an Aruba WiFi controller. After many hours of tcpdump'ing and connecting the Sonos to wired networks (with everything working pe...

My experience getting 5.1 from the PS4

Hi guys, Just wanted to write a short article on my experience trying to get Dolby Digital 5.1 from the Playstation 4 (not slim, not pro) when playing Blurays with DD5.1, DTS and DTS-HD audio, 'cos I...

Using with AVG's "internet security"

Recently upgraded laptop and modem, and upgraded to AVG Internet Security. Struggled for a few weeks to get them to work harmoniously, and with some direction from the Sonos help team, finally found...

Sub question
Question

I have playbase,sub and 2 Sonos1 I use when I watch TV. And I have two Sonos5 when I listen to music. How can I get the sub to work with both setups?

Sonos was unable to access the music folder
Answered

Just finished the latest beta. I am now using release 8.0 I just noticed that I could not access any of the mp3 files in my library, they would not play. Deleted music folder from settings in Sonos...

Newbie question - power

Sorry if this is dumb, but other threads indicate that all zoneplayers should be always 'on'. If true, this is far from 'green' - I cannot find what standby power is consumed by all this kit. I expect...

Browse MediaMonkey DLNA library

Hi all I'm using MediaMonkey to manage my music library (ratings, playlists, etc). My current process: - Use my PC / mediamonkey to browse my library, rate songs, and make playlists - Then I export...

Sonos cannot find my Computer

hey guys, Have had Sonos for several years and no problems. Just had my Laptop in for a service, and now Sonos cannot locate my Computer...When I try to set up music library I can find the files, but...

time from internet unavailable

i can't select the option "Set time from internet" in date and time settings ! however, my players (connect amp & p3) do stream internet radios normally did someone experience this ? does someone has...

Automatic Grouping

Sorry if I have missed this elsewhere but is there any way to get Sonos units to "Group" automatically when they turn on? I have four units around the house, I only want to listen to the bedroom unit...

Measuring Signal Strength on SonosNet?

I've been using one Sonos Connect with a Bridge for about a year to deliver music to my media room. Works great! Recently added a Play5 in the master bath so SWMBO can sing in the shower. It seems to...

sonos playbar help

I just purchased the playbar even though my tv doesn't have optical out. I did connect the optical out from my hd cable box and it seems to be working. I am just not sure it sounds all that great. I...

Badges

• Badge
    Vespa earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    bb3319 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    leonluo earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    User228754 earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Minster earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"