Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system.

10381 Topics

sonos one work with cellphones?
Question

who i connect my smart phone wite sonos one?

Dolby digital 5.1 from SKY Q 2GB , Sonos beam

I have set my beam via HDMI ARC from my TV as recommended but when I change the output from PCM to DOLBY Digital on both SKY Q and TV but there’s no sound coming through.

johnmcf1
Question

An Error 1920 is being displayed when I try to reload my system. Uninstalled and tried to reload because it wouldn't play music from my library [ PC windows 10] Any ideas??

Connecting Sonos One issue
Answered

I succesfully connect 3 sonos One but I couldn't connect the forth ones. Same wifi, I was close to a speaker already connected but no chance. I tryed also with LAN cable but no chance. What can I do?

Setting up Sonos Play 1. App doesn't have account setting or advanced settings...
Question

When I try to update I get repeated update problem (error code 1101). The speaker is plugged into the ethernet cable and is right next to router. My internet is good. My android is a 7.1.1 Help!

Sonos One on Public Wifi
Answered

So I just received a Sonos One. I work at a place that I can only get on the public Wifi, and from what I understand Sonos will not connect to an unsecured network. I do have an iPhone with a hotspo...

Connect AMP with Polk Atrium 8

Almost ready to install my backyard system, looking for a little advice before I go ahead with the plan. 1. One Sonos connect amp 2. 4 Polk Atrium 8 3.. Fourway speaker selector built in impedance mat...

Sonos integration to in-ceiling wired system
Answered

Hi All. Looking for some guidance sorting out a home system for the in-laws. Sorry for the long post but here goes. The in-laws have recently moved into a new place that has what looks like a pretty...

Sonos One Turntable connectivity
Question

I love the sound quality of my Sonos one speakers and would like to connect them to a turntable to play vinyl. Please advise on a compatible turntable and how to connect? I'm thinking of buying a Proj...

Converting DTS 5.1 to DD 5.1
Answered

I just purchased a Panasonic DP-UB820 4K Blu-Ray player and much to my surprise it does not transcode DTS 5.1-Dolby Digital 5.1 on the fly like my Xbox One X and Apple TV4K do. My question is what dev...

Play 5 not recognised on floor 2.
Question

Hi, I run a boost on my internet provider's router. Via this I connected a home theatre playbar, sub and 2 play 1's downstairs. Upstairs I can't seem to get the Play 5 connected. I have a separate net...

Projector Hookup

I have a projector in my basement and I am having issues streaming sound from the projector. I have an Onkyo receiver...do I need to get a Sonos Connect and connect it to the receiver in order to str...

Remote volume not working

When I installed the app and came up to the part where I had to connect my volume button to the Sonos, it didn’t work so I skipped it. Now I can’t tune my volume up or down. The error “Sonos (Optical)...

Setting Sonos up using a 4G mobile broadband dongle

I had to let go of my ADSL broadband account and switched to a 4G mifi dongle. I can't seem to get Sonos to connect to it, despite every device in my home successfully connecting. I have tried pluggi...

Works with Sonos setup

Hi. I am thinking of purchasing one of the Onkyo "Works with Sonos" receivers and connect a Sonos Connect to it. For a 5.1 home theatre setup to the receiver I will also connect 3 non-sonos wired spea...

Can’t create multiple groups
Answered

I recall being able to create groups when I was playing with a friend’s sonos a few years back. Let’s say I wants to have the den, kitchen, and bedroom speakers set up to play independently (each ro...

Sonos with BT Mini 600 powerline

Hi Folks I have just purchased a bit mini 600 powerline to hopefully improve my WiFi signal when running my sonos play 1 in my conservatory as it keeps dropping out when I close the conservatory door...

Windows 10 sonos controller update

Now that I have updated the Sonos controller on my laptop, all it says is 'Open the Sonos app on a mobile device to set up the system'.

Beam and Play:1 in separate groups?
Answered

I have two Play:1s and am considering a Beam. If the Beam is broadcasting TV audio in one room, can I have the other two Play:1s in a group and playing music simultaneously in other rooms?

Alphabetical Sorting of Songs in Sonos Playlists

Sonos does not currently have, as a regular operating feature, the ability to sort songs in a Playlist alphabetically and then return to the original sort order. In my opinion, this would be extremely...

automatically choosing another speaker
Question

There are two speakers in my office that are close to each other. When I download and one the sonos app, it automatically connects to another speaker. Can I have my app "forget" this other speaker and...

Connect. Amp line-in problems
Question

I have a TV connected to the line-in of my Connect Amp. If the audio of the tv goes quiet (for example during a quiet scene in a movie) then the Amp stops the playback of the audio. How can I set it u...

So why can't I setup my devices using controller after update?

I was in the middle of setting up my devices for a new wifi using the desktop controller, and all of a sudden Sonos insists I update my desktop software. Seemed innocuous enough until suddenly I coul...

Biwiring with different amps
Answered

Hi, I have Sonos throughout my house...probably one of the best investments I have made due to my deep love of music in life. I am setting up a higher end system in my den (man cave) and would like to...

Adding Connect and Wireless Speakers to Wired AVR Setup
Question

I've currently have an Onkyo TX-NR646 7.2 wired for 5.1.2 Atmos in the living room. Inputs include AppleTV, Satellite, a turntable, and gaming console. System works great. We are currently in the midd...

Badges

• Badge
    Argopolo earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    bkmelbk earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    mben earned the badge Almost Famous
  • Badge
    Havtrollet earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    civichotel earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings