Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system. How do you Trueplay your Sonos system? Wondering if you should use a cabled setup versus a wireless Sonos setup? This is the place to get answers.

Tammy8797
Question

Samsung tv ue43nu7400

Sonos not showing up as an option for playback in Tidal app
Question

I have a Pixel 2 and a Sonos Play 1. The Sonos does not show up in the Tidal app, but my Google Home mini does. I have checked to make sure everything is connected to my router correctly and it is --...

New Sonos Setup - Recommendations for Unmanaged Switches
Question

Please could you aid with answering the best setup that would work with the following. - Fibre broad broadband - House wired with Cat5e data ports in all rooms coming back to a single location (Locat...

Wifi Password change instructions need clarification

Attempting to follow the instructions for Sonos after changing my WiFi password were so frustrating, I'm motivated to waste more of my time to write this rather than move on. In short, trying to follo...

Adding a new radiostation.
Answered

Hi, How can I add a music website to be played directly, when selected in the musicstation meny, on the sonos list of stations

Can't see iTunes Library after upgrading to iTunes 12.1.3 - Tried all suggested troubleshooting
Question

Can't connect to iTunes & all menus under manage on my Sonos controller are greyed out - I am running OS 10.10.5 & am on iTunes 12.8.1.3 & have updated the Sonos controller today & restarted my Mac -...

Playbar lost in space
Answered

Had a router bite the dust. Playbar still set to old SSID. Trying to set up playbar on new SSID. Tried spoofing old SSID with same password. Didn't work because network? iOS app setup fails rig...

Position for Beam
Question

I’m looking at a Beam but due to the TV stand Beam won’t fit on the shelf directly below the TV but on the bottom shelf which is about 18” below the TV. Is this still acceptable or will it sound odd h...

Adding Surrounds to Beam
Question

The Beam does not connect to the Play:1 surrounds unless I have an Ethernet cable connected between the Beam and router. Can this be done without the need for an ethernet cable?

How does sonos work?

Have had sonos for 3 years and still not been able to get it to work once. Is there a way to simply use it like Bluetooth?

How to connect a Playbase to a Connect, to get audio into a wired speaker set-up
Answered

Hey all, Can someone share insights on how a Playbase would connect to a Connect, so that the audio from the TV can be routed (via the Connect) to an external amp (and speakers) that is connected to...

How does the Sonos initial setup on iOS work?
Question

I'm interested in some technical details about the Sonos discovery/initial setup on iOS devices. Most of the other WiFi smart devices need to create a temporary WiFi network that user has to manually...

Sonos One

Kann mir jemand helfen? - Ich habe einen SONOS-ONE_Speaker, den ich mit dem SONOS-App in meinem Haus mit dem WIFI verbunden habe. Jetzt möchte ich drei Monate weg und den Lautsprecher mitnehmen. Ist e...

Sonos killing its customers ability to play local music

So Where is support for NAS drives using version 2 or 3 of SMB????? Do Sonos really care so little for their customers. Looks like its time to ditch Sonos in favour of something up to date.

Adding 5’s to a Beam

I’m wondering, in our lounge, I currently have a Beam with a sub. The volume power is good but not the capability I would like. I’m considering adding 2 x Play 5’s to the room. Would these have to be...

finding path to Synology on a MAc
Question

Hi, I have no clue where to find the path I need to type to point Sonos to my library which is on my Synology NAS. With command+I i don't get the format which is expected with the backslashes. I se...

Wired subwoofer with Sonos Amp
Answered

I have a playbase and recently purchased the sonos amp for a surround setup with my existing speakers and subwoofer. My speakers work, but the subwoofer is not. Can anyone help?

Surround Sound Not Working With Amp
Question

I have a Playbar (set as Bedroom TV), Sonos Amp (Bedroom) and a Sub. When I set the Sonos Amp to be in a surround configuration, it seems to set up fine, but nothing plays through the speakers connec...

Issues since upgrading controller on IOS to 10.01 and version 10 ( build 48261220 ) on playvase
Answered

I did an update a couple of days ago, since then my surround play 1's disconnected from my playbase and my Play 3 in the master bedroom has done the same. Regardless what i do i cant add the play 1's...

Adding a 2nd hand speaker
Answered

Hello. I bought another Play 5 2nd hand and like last time, you simply can't just add/connect it to your existing set-up as it is recognised as 'someone else'. I cannot remember how to re-set it. I ha...

How to check procedure to check latency of device?
Answered

Dear all, I am using Sonos play1 device. I have connected the Sonos play1 and mobile to the one access point. I want to check the latency of this device. How much time required to reach the music fil...

New Router
Answered

I have just update my router, all speakers are working and the controller on ipad is working but cannot get the controller on pc to connect. I have Sonos boost connected directly to router and the re...

Building WiFi
Answered

I live in a building that provides WiFi. No router and it has a password page (user name and password sort of like the average hotel login). When I tried to set up my device it’s getting stuck trying...

Unable to reconnect sonos to controller
Question

I needed to move an ethernet connected sonos play 3. Tried to pair it back and it failed repeatedly. It recognizes the play3 by mac address but it never connects, the only indication of an error is:...

Can I add the sub to multiple “rooms”?
Answered

I’ve just bought a beam, I did have (under “lounge”) a play 5 plus the sub. I have added the beam to “living room” and since added the sub, however now the sub has disappeared from the lounge play5, a...

Badges

View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings