Welcome to Setting up Sonos

Anything and everything about setting up your Sonos system. How do you Trueplay your Sonos system? Wondering if you should use a cabled setup versus a wireless Sonos setup? This is the place to get answers.

Cutting out - Setting up Sonos One Gen 2
Question

Had a Sonos Gen 2 for a week or so. When i set it up i just played the internet radio through it. i tried using the Sonostube but it just keep cutting out. Apple Airplay also cuts out all the time No...

Should I bother with a bridge anymore
Question

Just hooking my equipment back up after a year away from it due to a move. I have a bridge, 3 Play:3s and a Play:1. My question is, should I bother with the bridge anymore? I'm seeing posts saying it...

New Sonos Amp Outdoor Speaker Compatibility? (Bose/Sonance/Paradigm)
Question

I'd like to know if anyone has more information regarding speaker compatibility with the new Sonos Amp. Specifically, I'd like to run at least 2 pair (4 total speakers) and preferably 3 pair outdoors....

mixed messages from Sonos app setup
Question

running Windows 10 on Lenovo laptop Stage 1 downloaded & installed sonos app during setup, I was prompted to choose existing system, which I did; I got screen saying: "connected to your sonos system"...

Sonos / OS X Yosemite incapatible?
Answered

Happily listenting to Sonos on my Mac. Tired to add Spotify and it asked me to upgrade my Sonos. I complied and it now the new version of Sonos does not work at all with my OS X Yosemite. I do under...

resetting/connecting Sonos play3
Question

I have changed my router and location. I have gone through all the suggested re-connection instructions and never get to a solid white light. Only blinking green. I have gone as far as factory rese...

Are RG6 connectors any use for audio or data?
Question

I bought a house. It's got Cat 5 connections in every room. Great, can hook up TV (I'm a cord cutter) and Sonos devices to these. But also have RG6 connections in every room. Assuming I don't want to...

A/V Sync
Question

Just installed a Sony XBR900G and a Playbase. I wish Best Buy would have advised about compatibility issues between Sony (XBR) and SONOS (Playbase). It's almost impossible to sync audio with video whe...

windows 10 Sonos controller no longer recognizes an existing Sonos system
Question

The windows 10 Sonos controller no longer recognizes an existing Sonos system (2 play 5 players) after installing a new router / password. The android app works recognizes the players though.

Microphone
Answered

What is the best way to connect a microphone to sonos for using it as people would give speaches etc at a party. And what type of microphone would that be?

Re-connecting Sonos Play 5 stereo pair
Answered

Have 2 Sonos Play 5 that worked well for two months. Installed a NetGear Extended for different purposes at a location 40 feet away from speakers. Speakers located within 10 feet of router. IPhone...

Sonos Playbar volume control using Bluetooth TV remote with no IR

Bought a new TV. It uses a Bluetooth remote, no IR capability, which the Playbar requires for volume control. Playbar can learn TV remote volume cotrnol, but only if TV remote uses IR. How to control...

Outdoor active/powered speakers and Sonos Connect issue

I apparently wasn't paying close enough attention when I was ordering my Sonos Connect and speakers. Got everything opened up and realized my powered speakers are wired and the Connect is plugs. Is...

Lost a room
Answered

Have two Sonos speakers in two different rooms. This morning, one of the rooms has gone away from the app on my computer, but I can listen to the speaker manually, and can control the volume. Cannot...

Sonos ceiling speakers - how many needed for room size? (+ question on external speakers)

Hi there - we are just doing renovation and building work on kitchen, and pulling down wall to make large kitchen dinner. Want to get Sonos ceiling speakers fitted as part of this. The new room will...

[FREE]UFC 236 Live Stream Online!!
Question

[free]UFC 236 Live Stream.Tonight’s UFC 236 is the first UFC pay-per-view to be offered exclusively to ESPN+ subscribers (in the U.S., the ESPN deal does not have international implications.). Watch...

Setting up a play one speaker on a separate network then the other play one speakers

I want to set up a Sonos one speaker on a separate network in my business then the other ones in another part of my business

Which speaker stand to use for Play:5 1st generation ?
Question

Can anyone recommend a good floor speaker stand for Play:5 1st Generation ?

Can’t connect second speaker
Question

I have connected connect Amp to the network. And I now try to ad Play 1. Sonos app ask met to push play and + simultaneous. And the connect amp starts to blink. But it’s stop and nothing happens. Not...

Extremely poor customer support
Answered

Why does such an extremely expensive product have nonexistent customer support?

Setting up surround sound system with zp90 (connect), a beam and 2x play1
Answered

Hi, I have an existing set of speakers connected via zp90 to a peach tree amp, I want to intergrate those speakers to the Beam and two play 1s to create a surround sound system. Can this be done? I re...

Accessing Music on Flash Drive
Question

I have a flash drive containing music that I want to listen to to decide if I want to add it to my Sonos Music Library. In the Sonos phone app, we have the option to choose the music source "On This M...

Placing the Beam behind my Samsung TV
Answered

I was planning to get a Playbase at first but it doesnt fit on my cabinet. The Beam is too high to put in front of my Samsung TV. Will it make a difference to put it behind the TV? Of course the foot...

Delete a room that doesn't exist
Question

I added a room while at a friends house and now cannot delete it from my phone & computer apps. I've read other threads but no-one seems to have resolved this. It adds another level of confusion to a...

Sonos Vinyl and Play 5 volume still low
Answered

So I have Sonos speaker system setup, and just recently go the Vinyl Project player and Play:5. I set it up correctly and the volume is extremely low when compared to just listening to music from Spot...

Badges

• Badge
    nick205 earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    Dieselgarfie earned the badge Carving it out I
  • Badge
    Misfit earned the badge Round of Applause
  • Badge
    The Rat earned the badge Meet and greet
  • Badge
    chiuyang95 earned the badge Meet and greet
View all "Badges"

Top liked

What's going on?

Topics
Replies
Members

Recently online

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings