Answered

Wiring

• 28 July 2018
  • 3 replies

My house already has speakers in 4 different rooms. I bought a sonos connect amp thinking I could connect all the wires and play the music separately throughout the different rooms. I have 3 sets of wires with red,black,green, and white. And just one of them has red and black. Is it possible to wire them all to the amp and play different rooms separately or do I need to buy a seperate switch?
Thanks
Tyler
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 28 July 2018, 16:24

I would guess that your speakers would be less than 4 Ohms total if you connect all four pairs to the Sonos Connect Amp and that wouldn't work well. Get an impedance matching unit and you should be fine as long as the 55 Watts plays them loud enough to make you happy.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
I would guess that your speakers would be less than 4 Ohms total if you connect all four pairs to the Sonos Connect Amp and that wouldn't work well. Get an impedance matching unit and you should be fine as long as the 55 Watts plays them loud enough to make you happy.

Ight thanks. Do I need to buy anything then?