Answered

Will the Playbar work (Well) in this environment

• 8 June 2018
  • 1 reply

I have been interested in the PLAYBAR for some time, but afraid to pull the trigger. My TV is inset in the wall above a linear gas fireplace. As you can see in the picture the TV sits back in its enclosure, and whatever sound bar I choose will fit under the TV and sit on the "shelf".

My concern is that this "shelf" is 53" wide, and I am concerned about sound dispersion working properly to create a wide sound field.

Thoughts or opinions?

thank you
Scott
icon

Best answer by UKMedia 8 June 2018, 17:57

Hi Scott

As the Playbar is designed to be against a wall, the only constraint that you are introducing is the small recess on each side of the mounted PlayBar. I'd be surprised if this would be an issue and if you have two Surround Speakers, I suspect that it would be impossible to notice any reduction in sound quality.

The other option if your room is small to medium is to buy the new Beam sound bar. Either way, if you buy direct from Sonos you get a 100 Day return ability if you encounter any problems.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi Scott

As the Playbar is designed to be against a wall, the only constraint that you are introducing is the small recess on each side of the mounted PlayBar. I'd be surprised if this would be an issue and if you have two Surround Speakers, I suspect that it would be impossible to notice any reduction in sound quality.

The other option if your room is small to medium is to buy the new Beam sound bar. Either way, if you buy direct from Sonos you get a 100 Day return ability if you encounter any problems.