Answered

Will Sonos speakers work using a BT Openzone login

• Contributor I
  • 0 replies
Will Sonos speakers work using a BT Openzone login?

I'm in a position where I now have two addresses, one my home, one where I stay when I'm at work.
I'd prefer not to pay for 2 independent connections and have BT openzone at my works address .

Hoping to be able to use a BT login on the Sonos I use at my works address
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 7 December 2018, 16:26

Just a random comment....if I understand what you're asking. :)

When I stayed in a hotel for an extended length of time for work, I ended up asking the hotel's IT department to whitelist my Sonos speaker's IP address, so that it could skip their login webpage, and just connect directly to their internet. It was after that when I learned that it might have been easier just to get a travel router, which gave me the ability to "see" the login page in a web browser, and use the correct password to the hotel's service. I could then connect my own devices, including the Sonos, to the network my travel router created. Gave me an extra sense of security, adding a small firewall to the process, as well.

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18
Hi, RikF86. I do not think this is possible as we do not support log in internet connections. It seems this query would best be addressed by another team. I think it might be best that you get in touch with our support team via telephone. They will be able to help you further by logging into your computer and checking the requirements of your network. Many thanks, we look forward to hearing from you.
Just a random comment....if I understand what you're asking. :)

When I stayed in a hotel for an extended length of time for work, I ended up asking the hotel's IT department to whitelist my Sonos speaker's IP address, so that it could skip their login webpage, and just connect directly to their internet. It was after that when I learned that it might have been easier just to get a travel router, which gave me the ability to "see" the login page in a web browser, and use the correct password to the hotel's service. I could then connect my own devices, including the Sonos, to the network my travel router created. Gave me an extra sense of security, adding a small firewall to the process, as well.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings