Why is the first time authorization email system broken?

• 8 April 2021
  • 4 replies

First time user/buyer, first time poster.  Livid at support right now!!!

I’m having a very bad first experience with setting up a Beam.  Setting up an account? Cool.  Click on a verification email?  Cool.  Wait, why didn’t it verify?  Why is it not seeing the Beam?  Why is support  going through the same troubleshooting I already did twice?  Wait, why is the email verification link already expired under the hour timeline you quoted?

Why is everything broken about this process?  Why is your tech insisting on connecting ethernet directly to the router, even though it is connected to a dummy ethernet switch?

Why are you so bad at first impressions? I’m livid, not feeling heard, and think I made a mistake paying more for a Sonos sound bar.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Badge +17

Hi @bad1stxperience,

I’m sorry you didn’t have a great setup experience with your Beam. If you still have any issues outstanding with the setup process we’d be happy to help, just let us know.

I had the extraordinary priviledge of contacting a good friend who was the reason I even considered Sonos.  He came at the issue in a more sensible way, and had a fix that would have been a lot easier had the tech taken this approach:

Try a different device, IOS if possible.  Worked on the first try.

I’m frustrated that support fumbled so badly and never acknowledged the email issue, that I mentioned 3 times over one hour. Not a great look and now I’m on guard for every issue that could possibly come up. I don’t get this frustrated dealing with my cable company!  That is saying something.

So how do we move past that? I got seriously taxed by price, and now by a lack of product support.  I don’t pay more for less ever.

Badge +17

I had the extraordinary priviledge of contacting a good friend who was the reason I even considered Sonos.  He came at the issue in a more sensible way, and had a fix that would have been a lot easier had the tech taken this approach:

Try a different device, IOS if possible.  Worked on the first try.

I’m frustrated that support fumbled so badly and never acknowledged the email issue, that I mentioned 3 times over one hour. Not a great look and now I’m on guard for every issue that could possibly come up. I don’t get this frustrated dealing with my cable company!  That is saying something.

So how do we move past that? I got seriously taxed by price, and now by a lack of product support.  I don’t pay more for less ever.

Well, I’m glad you were able to resolve your issues, and I’ll certainly pass on feedback to the tech team on how the issue could have been handled in your case. As to how you move past it, that’s going to be up to you I’m afraid. If you’re genuinely put off by your first time setup experience that you can’t enjoy the product any longer then we do have a money-back guarantee on all purchases from Sonos.com that you can take advantage of. If you’re asking for some form of compensation or refund then I’m afraid you’re in the wrong place, that’s not something I can give you on the Sonos Community. You’re more than welcome to speak to our support team again if you want to try that direction. Otherwise, I hope you’re able to move past your setup experience and enjoy your Sonos Beam for the reason(s) you’ve purchased it. If you do happen to run into any issues, as I’ve mentioned previously, we’re happy to help.

I’m willing to try it out and see how good/bad the app update experience might be.  I just really did not feel heard on my original call, and wasn’t given any recourse whatsoever. I’m somewhat networking savvy so it’s frustrating when I know more than the support tech, and I get talked through a script rather than actually thinking/troubleshooting through the issue.

I do believe your devices sound great.  I just never want to go through what I did with support ever again.  Please do pass on the experience.  Thanks.