Answered

Where does SONOS store it's network map?

• 31 July 2017
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
Once again, my SONOS system has completely dropped off the network. It's just "gone". I have a new Linksys router and all was working just fine. Now, I can "see" the SONOS devices (192.168.xxx.xxx) but the Android and Windows apps can't recognize an existing system.

The rest of my system works fine. I have WiFi computers, printers, and Insteon home automation network and they're all just fine. It's only the SONOS network that vaporized....

1) Where does SONOS store the network map as to where the devices IP addresses are? Where does SONOS store the path to my NAS drive for music library. If I unplug one of the SONOS devices, does that kill the whole network (e.g. SONOS-1 moved outside, etc?

2) It also lost all the login info to Pandora and Spotify. So, I had to delete and re-install the Android apps and Windows s/w and re-link the logins to music services.
icon

Best answer by Stuart_W 1 August 2017, 11:37

Configuration data is replicated to each and every player. Unplugging a single device will drop it from any group and lose its queue, but that should be it. I can't think of any way to destroy all data from all the players, at the same time. Bizarre.
You can loose all that by Factory resetting the players and adding them back as a new system.

Factory reset should be a last resort unless directed by Sonos or one of the more knowledgeable posters.

None of the service information, Sonos configuration, music indexes or anything is stored on the controllers for phone, tablet or Mac/PC. But it is always a good idea to ensure that controllers and Sonos player/units are running the latest software.

The OP says they installed a new Linksys router but I'm not that clear if the correct procedure was followed for entering new Wi-Fi credentials.

I would be inclined to telephone Sonos who I'm sure will be able to help
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Configuration data is replicated to each and every player. Unplugging a single device will drop it from any group and lose its queue, but that should be it. I can't think of any way to destroy all data from all the players, at the same time. Bizarre.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6
You can loose all that by Factory resetting the players and adding them back as a new system.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Factory reset should be a last resort unless directed by Sonos or one of the more knowledgeable posters.

None of the service information, Sonos configuration, music indexes or anything is stored on the controllers for phone, tablet or Mac/PC. But it is always a good idea to ensure that controllers and Sonos player/units are running the latest software.

The OP says they installed a new Linksys router but I'm not that clear if the correct procedure was followed for entering new Wi-Fi credentials.

I would be inclined to telephone Sonos who I'm sure will be able to help