Question

What do I need to play my Pro-Ject with built in preamp through my Sonos Play3 speakers?

Badge
I have a Pro-Ject turntable with built in preamp. Do I need the Connect or Connect:Amp? Would also like to rid myself of the tv sound bar I have. Can I play tv thru the Sonos speakers using the Connect also without needing the sound bar as well? Also...I have Play:1 speakers, not 3.

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You would need a Connect for your turntable.

As the Connect only has one input you'd need another one, or a switch, or unplug when you watch TV. HOWEVER the minimum of 70ms delay on the audio would make the experience unacceptable.
Badge
Thank you. Can you answer the other question about which is needed for the Pro-Ject turntable by chance?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Thank you. Can you answer the other question about which is needed for the Pro-Ject turntable by chance?

Please re-calibrate thine eyes
Badge
Unfortunately, I am so tired all the time and looking at a tiny phone screen at my age makes it hard - sorry 🙂 Thank you for the advice. I can't really afford the play bar yet because I am making a long distance move to Seattle from Chicago but I am adding it to my list. I love my little Sonos speakers!
You can use Connect in the manner suggested; the delay isn't enough to be a distraction for many people provided the TV is muted.
Another option is the Play:5 instead of a Connect. It has an input too. For a little more $ you can get a very nice speaker. I have the older version of the Play:5 and I use the input for a bluetooth transmitter.
Badge
@gizmojunky - What connection method is needed? I don't see a connection for Audio on the Play:5 -- looks like there is only a headphone jack.
The Play:5 is an excellent choice for a turntable with a built-in preamp. Plugs right into the aux jack and sounds fantastic!
As far as I can recall, there is no headphone jack, that is the aux jack that takes a multi RCA jack for stereo.
Badge
Thank you Kevin!
Badge
Thank you!