Voice activation light

• 7 November 2018
  • 5 replies

Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to turn off the second led light on a play 1...this is the small light that is on when voice control is active? It’s more than a nuisance having a bright light shining in an otherwise dark bedroom!

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

5 replies

Electrical tape, nail polish, Sharpie...
Yup, as chicks suggests, it can't be turned off in software, it's hard wired to the microphone, mostly, I take it, as a security measure by Sonos to protect users who want it turned off, in case they feel like they're being "spied" on.

I went with chicks' first suggestion, a small bit of black electrical tape for my black units, white electrical tape for my white units, and I just don't see the tape at all at this point. Completely faded in to the rest of the speaker.
Userlevel 5
Badge +9
Google "lightdims". Great for this type of problem.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
You just solved mt "cheap Christmas gift for everyone" problem! Thanks.

Everything pack with a huge assortment $20: https://smile.amazon.com/LightDims-Dimming-Original-Strength-Customizable/dp/B01DX1IW2U/ref=sr_1_3

Many smaller options in the $5-7 range too.
Thanks for your help!