Video ask ?

Is there a way to connect a video monitor to Sonos to see what’s playing from any app.  I know i can use my phone but would be good if i could push to a monitor for all family to see. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

No, there are no Sonos devices that generate a video signal. You could conceivably ‘mirror’ a controller operating on a device to an appropriately set up TV, but that is not a Sonos software driven feature. 

No, there are no Sonos devices that generate a video signal. You could conceivably ‘mirror’ a controller operating on a device to an appropriately set up TV, but that is not a Sonos software driven feature. 

Along the same lines, you could also use a PC or Apple with output to a TV.  Something I do from time to time, is use a music playing TV app (either on TV internal apps, Roku, FireTV, Shield, game console, etc) and play music on the TV….which is connected to a Beam, Arc or Amp.  Then I can group the TV audio with other rooms in the house.  That has the added advantage of showing lyrics, depending on the app used.  However, it also means that I’m not controlling content through the Sonos app (or voice in most cases) and am limited to the apps the TV uses.

One thing I definitely would love to be able to do through Alexa configuration is be able to request music playback on an Alexa device (either Sonos or Echo) and have a nearby TV show what’s playing...if the TV is currently on.  Not sure if that’s possible yet.

I use an Apple TV to do this, just basic screen mirroring from an iPad.

Apple TV again… there is an app called TunesMap which also gives basic Sonos control, however their servers are currently down so full integration is not working but they hope to restart the service in the coming months.