Answered

Using the New AMP with SKY Q

Badge
Hi, quick question from a home audio noob.

I've recently had an extension to my kitchen, whilst doing so I decided to add ceiling speakers with the intentions of connecting them to the old Connect AMP.

Since then the new AMP has been released which from what I understand can be connected to my TV via HDMI (ARC), so I'm thinking I might as well get the new AMP and hook my TV up with it as well.

My question being how would I set that up with SKY Q? barring in mind that all my wires/cables are chased into the floor/walls/ceilings and I only have one HDMI coming from the TV to the Sky Q box.
Do I need two HDMI's? TV > Sky Q + TV > AMP or can I loop them together somehow i.e TV > Sky Q > AMP?

Thanks
icon

Best answer by Airgetlam 18 April 2019, 21:49

The Sonos Amp uses an HDMI-ARC connection, which would mean an HDMI cable from your TV, assuming it has HDMI-ARC capability, back to where ever you place the Sonos Amp.

You can not take the output from a source device using HDMI and feed it into the Sonos Amp. It does not have a pass through function.

View original

2 replies

The Sonos Amp uses an HDMI-ARC connection, which would mean an HDMI cable from your TV, assuming it has HDMI-ARC capability, back to where ever you place the Sonos Amp.

You can not take the output from a source device using HDMI and feed it into the Sonos Amp. It does not have a pass through function.
Userlevel 7
Badge +20
Hi

In addition to Bruce's comments - I have Sky Q, PlayBar and a Pioneer Plasma TV which has a copyright protection that stops simultaneous output on both HDMI and Optical. I had to connect Sky Q to my TV via HDMI and also Sky Q to my PlayBar via an Optical cable. This works fine for me but I'm not using HDMI-ARC.

The downside to this connection set-up is that you won't be able to control Sky Q via voice from the Amp but it would save you new cabling.

Cookie policy

We use cookies to enhance and personalize your experience. If you accept you agree to our full cookie policy. Learn more about our cookies.

Accept cookies Cookie settings