Answered

Using Move in two different locations

• 17 August 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hello, thanks for reading my question. The community has recently helped me resolve another more complex problem than what I am about to ask in this thread. It is great that the more knowledgeable members here are so generous with their time. Thank you very much in advance.

I live in two different cities. During the work week I am in one city, and weekends in another. Currently my Sonos system is setup in my weekend location (I’m not well off, it sounds better than it is, believe me). I have an Arc, Sub 3 and a pair of Moves.

I simply want to take the pair of Moves with me to the home I live at during the work week. I do not need to take the Arc and Sub, just the Moves would be fine. Is it as simple as going to the work week location, turning on the App, it won’t find a network that it knows, and then using the Add a Trusted Network function? I would guess if that is the case then you just add the Moves as products one at a time and recreate the pair? 

If so, when I return on the weekends, will the Moves easily re-associate with the Sonos system at that location? I won’t bother if it will be a nightmare of complexity and having to constantly add products back in as they move around.

I hope that it is simple enough, but based on some reading here in the community it sounds like this simple functionality may not be so simple to make happen. Any thoughts or advice are greatly appreciated. Cheers.

icon

Best answer by melvimbe 17 August 2022, 17:41

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

4 replies

Do you have a SONOS system at the other house?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi buzz, no I do not. Thank you for responding.

So essentially, you have just one Sonos HH.  You can take your moves to your work week location, and connect to WiFi as you suggested.  When you return, the Moves should automatically connect to the WiFi it finds.

Note, if you’re work week is staying at a hotel or location where you don’t have the typical household type WiFi...logging in through website, guest access only, then the Moves won’t be able to connect.  You may need to look into getting a travel router.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

So essentially, you have just one Sonos HH.  You can take your moves to your work week location, and connect to WiFi as you suggested.  When you return, the Moves should automatically connect to the WiFi it finds.

Note, if you’re work week is staying at a hotel or location where you don’t have the typical household type WiFi...logging in through website, guest access only, then the Moves won’t be able to connect.  You may need to look into getting a travel router.

Hi melvimbe, thank you. It is my own apartment so the wifi network is private to myself. I appreciate you confirming what I thought would be the case. Cheers.