Answered

Unable to connect Sonos One

• 22 November 2018
  • 1 reply

I can't connect my new Sonos One.
In the standard setup, it finds the Sonos One, and it finds the local network in the start of the setup. But after that; its says "Waiting for Sonos One" and finally "Unexpected error".
The alternativ setup states problem with the wireless access ; "Check if it's 2.4 GHz / 802.11b" (Which it is) and so on.
The last alternative with a wired cable, gives "Can't find Sonos product".
The unit has been tested close to the router; the Router also shows that the Sonos One is connected, and with IP address and correct MAC address.
The router is running on both 2.4 and 5 GHz.
Furthermore it has been tested with the app on both iPhone 10Xs, iPad and HTC android. Still same problem.
All tips are welcome !
icon

Best answer by Stanley_4 22 November 2018, 02:54

Check that your controller is connecting on the 2.4 band, that shouldn't be needed but some WiFi setups are odd.

Why not contact Sonos support and see if they can see a problem? The twitter and facebook support folks are there 24x7 and might have a better suggestion on fixing things than I can come up with.
View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Check that your controller is connecting on the 2.4 band, that shouldn't be needed but some WiFi setups are odd.

Why not contact Sonos support and see if they can see a problem? The twitter and facebook support folks are there 24x7 and might have a better suggestion on fixing things than I can come up with.