Answered

Unable to connect music streaming services

• 10 January 2021
  • 6 replies

Hi there ! I have 3 Sonos One devices, which I can’t use yet, cause I’m facing a weird problem : I reset all devices, in order to make a fresh configuration (someone else was using them before).
I succesfully reset the devices, but I’m unable to connect any music streaming provider service : I tried with YouTube Music and soundcoud (I don’t use any other service), but I have the same error. I use my Samsung Galaxy S10 phone, with updated Sonos app ; all devices are also up-to-date.

I’m asked to connect to enter my credentials, which I do, a confirmation web page is displayed , saying connection was succesful, and I can go back to the app ; but when I switch back to the app, a message saying “there was an error connecting Youtube Music” (same with soundcloud), and I can only end the configuration there.

As bluetooth is obviously not working, and I don’t have Apple devices (so I can’t use Airplay), there’s no plan B here …

I tried to reset the devices, reinstall Sonos app, turn the devices off/on, restart my phone but … same.

What could I do to make this work ?? for now the 3 devices are simply … useless.

Thanks !

icon

Best answer by lordlothar99 12 January 2021, 16:50

Okay I called the support team, and we spent 30min trying to understand the issue. We finally found a way to make the installation work with my phone :

I’m unable to install new services from my phone, but I succesfully did it with my tablet ; so we guessed it’s because the Sonos app is not compatible with the Android version installed on my phone.

Here is my config :

Phone : Samsung S10e (model SM-G970F) ; Android 10 ; everything up to date → error when installing any music provider service

Tablet : Samsung Galaxy tab S3 (model SM-T820) ; Android 9 ; everything up to date → no problem installing music provider services

Once a service has been installed in Sonos app with the tablet, I can see it and use it without any problem on the phone.

My problem is solved :)

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @lordlothar99.

Welcome to the Sonos community and thanks for reaching out to us and for doing the extra mile of starting with some basic troubleshooting steps. I would like to share some information to help out.

From this point, I would recommend calling our technical support team for more in-depth troubleshooting steps. It is best to contact our technical support team so they can dig deeper and find out what would be the better step to take and what is causing the issue as it may be an glitch on the system. I would also like to suggest submitting a diagnostic after 3-5 minutes of the issue happening so we can check if there are any wireless interference that might be causing this issue as well..

Please do not hesitate to reach out if you still have further questions or concerns. Here in the community, everyone can help you out.

Thanks,

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.

I couldn’t log on the technical support team website with sonos credentials, and there’s no “sign up” feature on this website, so I’m unable to contact them ..

About the diagnostic, I already did that when I was troubleshooting the devices, but yet I don’t know if my problem has been taken under investigation

cheers

Hi Paul, thanks for your reply.

I couldn’t log on the technical support team website with sonos credentials, and there’s no “sign up” feature on this website, so I’m unable to contact them ..

About the diagnostic, I already did that when I was troubleshooting the devices, but yet I don’t know if my problem has been taken under investigation

cheers

Sonos gets thousands of unsolicited diagnostics a day.  You need to contact them with the reference number to open a ticket.  Posting the number here will suffice, or contact support directly.

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @lordlothar99.

Thanks for your immediate response. The link has been fixed. Please give it another try you have the option to choose the Chat support there which may have shorter wait time than through phone support.

Please let us know how it goes and keep us posted.

Thanks,

Okay I called the support team, and we spent 30min trying to understand the issue. We finally found a way to make the installation work with my phone :

I’m unable to install new services from my phone, but I succesfully did it with my tablet ; so we guessed it’s because the Sonos app is not compatible with the Android version installed on my phone.

Here is my config :

Phone : Samsung S10e (model SM-G970F) ; Android 10 ; everything up to date → error when installing any music provider service

Tablet : Samsung Galaxy tab S3 (model SM-T820) ; Android 9 ; everything up to date → no problem installing music provider services

Once a service has been installed in Sonos app with the tablet, I can see it and use it without any problem on the phone.

My problem is solved :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +16

Hi @lordlothar99.

Thanks for the update and immediate response. 

Thanks for taking my advise on contacting our technical support team and I’m glad that everything worked out. However, I find it quite odd that an issue occurs when installing the Sonos App on an Android 10 Samsung mobile phone but not on the Samsun Tab which runs Android 9. I do hope you continue to love and enjoy your Sonos.

Please do not hesitate to reach out or create a topic if you have additional questions or concerns. Everybody can help out here in the community.

Thanks.