Unable to add Play:1's or Sub to Beam

• 24 November 2020
  • 6 replies

Badge +1

Hi All,

I’m having difficulty getting my speakers working together and was hoping someone could offer any advice on what I’m doing wrong

My setup consists of: 

Beam

2 x Play:1’s

Sub (Gen 2)

All of the speakers have been added through the app individually and I’ve confirmed working but what I have found is that I can’t add a stereo pair to the Beam and I can’t add the Sub to the Beam either.

What I can however do is create a stereo pair in room 1, and add the beam to this and create a another room 2 and put the beam in here. I can play music to all speakers by then selecting both rooms but what I can’t do is switch to TV and pick the 2 rooms as all I see is the beam. 

The way I would think it should work is I add the beam to a room and I then add the stereo pair and the sub to the same room but this just returns an unable to add error, try again message.

Any ideas?

Leo

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

6 replies

Hi. Is the Beam connected wirelessly or by Ethernet?

Badge +1

Everything is connected wirelessly 

So when you have the Beam set up as one room, you are going into the settings for that room and selecting 'Add Sub' and 'Add Surrounds '?

Badge +1

Yes, that’s correct. 

I suggest you power off your router and Sonos speakers. Then power the router fully back on, followed by the Sonos gear. Then try adding again

If that doesn't work, then probably best to call Sonos Support. A problem with the Beam's 5GHz radio is one possibility.

Badge +1

Thanks John. My setup is actually a little complicated behind the scenes as the kit is actually setup on a corporate LAN with Cisco wireless controllers, APs, vLANs, proxies etc… I should be able to see what AP’s and channels the speakers are using and go from there which may be me some clues and if I get nowhere I think I’ll try and hardwire the beam and see if it then creates its own wireless network that the other speakers can join.