Two Sonos Subs in one room.

• 26 June 2020
  • 8 replies

Hello. I bought my second Sub today, because i was sure that i had read that i could use two in one room. Now I found out that i have to use two room an group them thogheter. Anyone know if sonos are planning to add this feature? I have a setup with arc + two play 1 and one sub from before. 

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @Andrew82.

Thank you for reaching out.

As of this moment, Sonos doesn't have any feature to use two subs in one room. 

But we will forward your suggestion to our engineering team since every voice of the customer is important.

If you need help with any other information, please be sure to let us know.

Userlevel 7

@Andrew82 

Each to their own...however I’ve not found the need for two subs bonded to the same Sonos HT or stereo pair. Besides if Sonos were to implement that feature the frequencies I would think would be balanced between the two thus not increasing the effect by a noticeable difference.  Although you might be able to override the pre-staged levels?

Cheers!

Well, if I group the second one to one of the play one, quite a difference in the level off bass. But then i lose my sourround setup

Formal Sonos support for the ability to use two subs in one room would be a great feature.  The use of two subwoofers in one room has been a trend in high end home audio for the past few years.  It is not generally used as a strategy to increase overall bass levels, but more so as a technical means of making bass distribution more consistent and even in a given space - filling gaps or weak spots in the bass distribution of a space (especially in a larger room).   Sonos, please add this feature - I am ready to add a two sub system right now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @ErikWest.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I'll submit a feature request to our development team. We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

Hi @ErikWest.

Welcome, thank you for reaching out to Sonos Community.

I'll submit a feature request to our development team. We don't have a timeline we can share for this feature, but we'll be sure to make an announcement if we have any updates.

I really need this feature, Please request to your team. Thank you so much 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @khahuyvu.

Welcome, thank you for reaching back to Sonos Community.

As of this moment we still don't have any update about the feature request.

But I suggest checking Support.sonos.com or Go to Sonos.com for the latest news and update.

I agree, this is absolutely needed for larger rooms. The Sub is a good average size, but not ideal for a large space. It seems like Sonos has no options for large rooms currently, especially when it comes to bass. Adding two subs to one room seems like a simple enhancement.