Question

Two Sonos Play1 at two different locations

• 18 June 2017
  • 2 replies

How to have Sonos at two different homes

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

2 replies

I need help or instructions on how to add a second Play 1 at another location. The setup has been very buggy, radio stream constantly fails even though I have brand new super strong MESH network, everything else in network works very well. I can stream very large video files without any issues. There are no instructions that I can find

Do the Plays have to be linked to form a single account, I tried to use the same Amazon and iHeart logins, didn't work
Best solution is to connect your original P1 by Ethernet to your router. Reboot the P1 and check that you have gone over to SonosNet mode by looking in About my Sonos System. The P1 should have WM:0 next to it.

Bring the second P1 to the same location and factory reset it, assuming it doesn't hold any Sonos playlists, favourites etc that you would hate to lose. Add it to the original system using Add player or Sub. Check both speakers will play.

Take the second P1 to the second home and connect by Ethernet. It should play fine and have your services available. If you want to position it away from the router then do a wireless setup in Advanced Settings.

I have assumed for all this that the two P1s are your only Sonos components.