Answered

Two Sonos networks one app?

• 4 November 2021
  • 7 replies

I have a Play 5 at my shop but now bought a Sonos Arc for home. How can I do this? Two different locations with one iphone.

icon

Best answer by el rubio 10 November 2021, 19:53

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7

Check out this thread:

Hi @CarpenterSteve you can setup the Sonos Art at your home as a new system. Once that is done and you return to your shop the Sonos App should ask if you want to connect to an existing system and should find the Play:5. I am using three different locations on the same Sonos App without any issue.

Hi @el rubio that is exactly what I did and it worked seamlessly.  Thanks I love communities like this.

I just bought two symfonisk bookshelf speakers for a new second home and am having the most terrible time figuring out how to set it up. And there’s no customer service on weekends. Based on what I’m reading above, I need to take these new speakers back to my original home and set them up there, then bring them to my new home and use them? Why the hell can’t Sonos make anything easy?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

The link above only applies if you want to use both Sonos setups as one system, for example to use only one Google Assistant.

If you are content on having two separate systems, you could reset the app (https://support.sonos.com/s/article/4758) and set up the new system. Can you elaborate on why you cannot set up the new system?

@Paul_294 .  I am not sure how, on the basis of what is stated and referenced here, you have reached the  false conclusion that it is necessary to set up your new device in the original location.  As @106rallye has said, this is not necessary.  You can set up a new system anywhere and the app will find whichever system is on the WiFi to which the app connects.

I just bought two symfonisk bookshelf speakers for a new second home and am having the most terrible time figuring out how to set it up. And there’s no customer service on weekends. Based on what I’m reading above, I need to take these new speakers back to my original home and set them up there, then bring them to my new home and use them? Why the hell can’t Sonos make anything easy?

Just create a ‘new’ system at the second Home - you can use the same Sonos account and add your factory (re)set symfonisk devices to the new Household/Setup.. as you then move/switch between your Homes the Sonos App will auto-discover the System when you connect the controller device to the local WiFi and open the App.

Although it isn’t necessary, I find things work best to fully close (and re-open) the App when switching between the Homes.