Answered

Two Sonos Account in one Network

• 10 January 2021
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I am having difficulty when switching between account 1 and account 2 or connecting to any account if all sonos devices are On.

I need to turn off all the devices in account 1 if I need to connect to account 2 and if I will connect to account 1 then I need to turn off also all the devices in account 2.

Is there an easy way to switch between sonos account 1 to account 2?

icon

Best answer by ratty 10 January 2021, 14:34

I assume you mean you have two systems (Sonos calls them ‘households’) on the same network.

If they’re both S1 or both S2 you have a slight problem. A controller that’s been associated with both systems will pick one at random when it starts. (Having one system as S1 and one as S2 avoids this issue because they require different controller apps.)

The only way to easily resolve this is to use different control devices for each system. Why are you running two systems in parallel?

View original

2 replies

I assume you mean you have two systems (Sonos calls them ‘households’) on the same network.

If they’re both S1 or both S2 you have a slight problem. A controller that’s been associated with both systems will pick one at random when it starts. (Having one system as S1 and one as S2 avoids this issue because they require different controller apps.)

The only way to easily resolve this is to use different control devices for each system. Why are you running two systems in parallel?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

If you have both an S1 and S2 system its easy - just run the “matching” controller (though you may need to force-kill the other one). If you have multiple Households on the same version well then you have to keep “forgetting” one household in the app to switch to the other.

Several third-party controllers handle multiple Households (regardless of S1/S2) a lot more seamlessly than the official controllers do. SonoPhone/SonoPad show all players at once. Phonos Universal (mine) prompts the user which one to connect to on startup.

If you are in fact talking about multiple music service accounts, then ignore this entirely and just add the second account in the app.