Tv audio amplifier, Sonos Beam not parallel?

• 11 June 2018
  • 7 replies

Badge
Hello everyone,
here's my problem. I have the tv fixed with a bracket to the wall. I can easily move the tv perpendicularly to the wall and watch it from the couch (which is also almost perpendicular to the wall). You can see the ifigure to better understand my situation.
I would like to improve my tv audio but:
_ there is not way to stream tv audio with my sonos one through the wifi connection
_ any soundbar would be parallel to the wall (so perpendicular to the tv and to the listener) due to its elongated shape
_ I do not want to mount a soundbar to the bracket.

My questions are:
1) The room is 5x3 m^2. Would a sound bar positioned over the shelves totally wasted (considering its position with respect to the listener on the couch)?
2) How can I improve my tv audio experience when I'm sitting on the couch and watching tv?

Thank you 🙂

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

7 replies

Badge
up 😞
First off, mounting any sort of sound bar to the wall, or on the shelves would not be a good experience, since the TV isn't parallel to the wall when you're watching it. What you need is a system by which the soundbar is attached to the bottom of the TV, so it moves with the TV when you swing it out.

I haven't seen one yet made for the Beam, but I think Flexson makes one for the PLAYBAR, so you could mount it directly under the TV and have it swing when you moved the TV
Badge
First off, mounting any sort of sound bar to the wall, or on the shelves would not be a good experience, since the TV isn't parallel to the wall when you're watching it. What you need is a system by which the soundbar is attached to the bottom of the TV, so it moves with the TV when you swing it out.

I haven't seen one yet made for the Beam, but I think Flexson makes one for the PLAYBAR, so you could mount it directly under the TV and have it swing when you moved the TV

thank you but:
_ I do not want to mount a soundbar to the bracket.
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
If you don't mount the sound bar parallel to the TV, either above or below it things will sound strange and the stereo or 5.1 image will be badly distorted. I wouldn't do that myself, I'd hate the sound a lot and probably go back to the TV speakers even if they are pretty poor.

If you don't want to mount it to the TV bracket you might add a second bracket so you could align the soundbar with the TV when it is pulled out.
Badge
If you don't mount the sound bar parallel to the TV, either above or below it things will sound strange and the stereo or 5.1 image will be badly distorted. I wouldn't do that myself, I'd hate the sound a lot and probably go back to the TV speakers even if they are pretty poor.

If you don't want to mount it to the TV bracket you might add a second bracket so you could align the soundbar with the TV when it is pulled out.

Therefore no soundbar for me. But therefore, are you telling me there is no speakers having the same shape of the sonos one which could be connected to a tv?
Userlevel 7
Badge +21
Pretty much any speaker (soundbar type) can be connected to a TV and many are the same or similar in shape to the Sonos. I don't see where you got what you posted from what I said above.

You said you didn't want the speaker connected to the TV, so I don't understand your last bit. Are you talking about electronically connected versus a physical connection?

Electronically many will connect but if you sit them on a shelf with the TV pulled out as you showed it all will sound as odd as the Sonos in the same situation.

It really is very simple, you need your center channel speaker in the top or bottom center of your TV screen, you need the right speaker sending sound to the right of it and the left speaker sending to the left. Anything else is going to sound odd as the sound being played will not align with the picture being shown.
Badge
Pretty much any speaker (soundbar type) can be connected to a TV and many are the same or similar in shape to the Sonos. I don't see where you got what you posted from what I said above.

You said you didn't want the speaker connected to the TV, so I don't understand your last bit. Are you talking about electronically connected versus a physical connection?

Electronically many will connect but if you sit them on a shelf with the TV pulled out as you showed it all will sound as odd as the Sonos in the same situation.

It really is very simple, you need your center channel speaker in the top or bottom center of your TV screen, you need the right speaker sending sound to the right of it and the left speaker sending to the left. Anything else is going to sound odd as the sound being played will not align with the picture being shown.

No, excuse me if I'm not clear, probably because of my bad english.
I want an additional speaker wire-connected to the tv but not mounted to the tv bracket, neither to an additional bracket.
I exclude also a speaker like a soundbar because of its shapes.
I am looking for a single speaker to connect to the tv, possibly supporting the HDMI-ARC, having a "compact shape" (something like the sonos one, but even not a sonos product), different from the typical elongated shape of the soundbar.