Answered

turtable compatibility with roam

• 20 November 2021
  • 6 replies

Considering using Roam to connect with Bluetooth to a  AT-LP120XBT-USB Bluetooth Turntable. Then linking Roam to a Gen 2 Sonos one. Has anyone experience of doing this or of this turntable/roam combo? If so how does it sound? Any delay? Any issues of note? Thanks 

icon

Best answer by buzz 20 November 2021, 18:55

View original

6 replies

Specifically, I have not done this with a turntable, but I’m currently streaming through an iPad Bluetooth connection playing Spotify through ROAM Grouped with a stereo pair of MOVE’s and a FIVE. There is no significant issue with time alignment. Assuming that you are within Bluetooth range, I don’t expect that there will be any significant issues.

I’ll not comment on sound quality because I virtually never use the Bluetooth connection. This is the first time in many months that I’ve used ROAM’s Bluetooth connection -- it was painless.

Hey thank you -just found out the turntable I’m interested in is out of stock until next year probs! Will start my research again. Shame Sonos don’t do. Bluetooth turntable. Take care & thanks again for your response. Anyone with good turntable/roam set up pls let me know! 

Userlevel 7

I have connected my Roam to a Sony PS-LX310BT turntable and grouped it with my other Sonos speakers. It works pretty well as long as the Roam is not too far away from the turntable and your other Sonos speakers are within a reasonable range. The audio quality is not quite as good over Bluetooth as it is if you connected the turntable via line-in on a Sonos Five or Port though.

Thanks Guitarsuperstar 

I’ve been reading about the Sony player you’ve recommended - so thank you as reassuring to know that combo (roam/sony) works. How do you find the 45 RPM adaptor - is it easy to switch from 33 to 45?Masum

Userlevel 7

Thanks Guitarsuperstar 

I’ve been reading about the Sony player you’ve recommended - so thank you as reassuring to know that combo (roam/sony) works. How do you find the 45 RPM adaptor - is it easy to switch from 33 to 45?

Yes, it is very simple. You just place the 45 rpm adaptor on the spindle. When you are not using the adaptor, you keep it in its storage hole.

There are two rotary knobs where you can easily change the speed and size settings.

Much appreciated Guitar Superstar 👍🏽🙏🏽