Answered

Turntable to Connect - ?

• 18 August 2018
  • 3 replies

Badge
Such a newb....so I have a very basic turntable that I am trying to connect to the Connect. Line out from the turntable to line in on the Connect. Yet when I play the turntable, no sound comes out of the sound bar or my speakers (all Sonos).

What am I missing? I thought the Connect would transmit the sound to the rest of the Sonos system.

Thanks!
icon

Best answer by chicks 18 August 2018, 23:39

Select the room you want to play in. Then Browse, scroll to the bottom. Your Line In should show in the list. Select it, you should hear what is playing on turntable. Can do same for any combination of rooms.

View original

This topic has been closed for further comments. You can use the search bar to find a similar topic, or create a new one by clicking Create Topic at the top of the page.

3 replies

First, does the Turntable have a phono preamp built in? If not, you'll need one. Second, you'll need to select the Connect's Line In as the source.
Badge
Thanks Chicks - it does have a pre amp. I assume that selecting the connects line as the in source is done in settings?
Select the room you want to play in. Then Browse, scroll to the bottom. Your Line In should show in the list. Select it, you should hear what is playing on turntable. Can do same for any combination of rooms.